Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. They used to cruise where I live, the Quik Corner there was the spot. Mt Vernon & Mill was a parking lot on the weekends. It came & went when they posted no cruising signs. There's still a sign up on Mt. Vernon & Rialto Ave. I was 17 when me & my cousin would cruise Market Ave in Riverside,Ca.
    Any truth to the rumor they're wanting to cruise E st. again in San Bernardino? My Dad mentioned it to me.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No shit?? I also had a '68 Camaro convertible that I cruz'd every Friday and Saturday night on Telegraph starting in 1978. Always had a car full of girlfriends and was always being chased by the cool boys in their cool cars. I wouldn't date anyone that didn't have a cool car. If we had enough gas money between us we headed for Woodward.
    [​IMG]

Then in about 1980 I started cruzn in this 1969 Firebird convertible.

[​IMG]

Then there was a 1978 Black Trans Am w/400 and all the gold striping and bird that I terrorized the streets with.

and the list goes on from there. I can be found more on Woodward nowdays, at the Shell station at 13 1/2 Mile Rd most Friday and Saturday nights when I'm hanging out in town.

I grew up in ElCajon and started cruzn there in 1974...wasn't one of the main crzn steets called 2nd Ave? That's what I reember BUT it was a long time ago and I left there in 1977.

3. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

Buffalo, NY, mid-60's @ Pat's Hot Dogs on Sheridan Drive in my '37 Chevy coupe. Anyone else still alive?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  4. jmurphy

jmurphy

SW Military Hwy, San Antonio, Texas every Sunday for 10 years.

5. adams27

adams27

Main Street, Cross Plains, TX....so awesome. lol

6. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Sunset Blvd. in Springdale, AR

7. rockguy92

rockguy92

Can't remember the name of the street, but we cruised the Frisches in New Albany and Clarksville Indiana.
    The Rock

8. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Broadway, Edmond Oklahoma turned around at the Sonic.

Brought back some good memories.

9. david lee

david lee

Harbor Blvd/Hermosa Ave In Redondo and Hermosa Beach, in a 340 Cuda early 70's. Also hung out at Bob's Big Boy on Manchester

10. modeltford

modeltford

For just cruising & BSing was Colorado Bobs (Glendale), Van Nuys Blvd, Hollywood Blvd, sometimes out Foothill towards Duarte. Street racing was River Road (Forest Lawn Drive) at Barham. Didn't have anything fast then - just assorted second family cars - 53 Buick with busted shocks, 57 Nash, 60 Dodge....

11. Valley Parkway in Escondido, CA in the late 70's - early 80's

12. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Vinton, IA... Main Street. Went around the loop on the boulevard. Doesn't get any more Americana than that! :cool:

13. Van Nuys Blvd

Whittier Blvd.

Scamalot in Anaheim

Balboa Penninsula

Bob's on Colorado Blvd (after a quick stop at Blair's Speed Shop)

Lion's, OCIR and Irwindale Drag Strips

Route 66 ran right through the middle of town (Duarte, CA)

'E' Street, San Berdoo (good street racing)

Muholland Drive for "tag" racing

14. teddyp

teddyp

spent many nites on bloomfield ave curizeing in my blue 57 chevy conv.eating hot at dickie dee,s chaseing chicks drugs,and races on rt 21 by the dreamboat lounge newark was a great place to be in the late 50,s and mid 60,s:cool:

15. AgentOrange

AgentOrange

Round trip from the A&W Root Beer Drive In on Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA to the Wich Stand and back. Also Hermosa Ave at the beach.

16. amodellarry

amodellarry

Wilbarger Street,Vernon, Texas in the Mid 60's. Good times

17. We had a huge loop through Fairfield and Bridgeport, CT. Post Road through Fairfield to the Duchess Drive in, Then up Fairfield ave through Bridgeport to Seaside Park.

Make the loop twice and that was an evening.

The Route 8 connector being built in 79-81 was an incredible drag strip!

18. Swifster

Swifster

I cruised on Gratiot Ave in East Detroit & Roseville in the NE suburbs of Detroit. If there was a little extra money, we might head to Woodward Ave or Telegraph Ave. This was in the early '80's and I had a '67 Chrysler 300 with the 440 TNT engine. It was also good for stuffing people in the trunk with going to the Gratiot Drive-In.

19. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Mooney Blvd Visalia,Ca

20. 440shawn

440shawn

In the 70's we cruised green street, it was the U of I campus area and parked at the steak & shake. Champaign, Illinois

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

gravel!!!!!

Smitty544 likes this.
  22. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

We had A&W in Lindenhurst, then over to Burger King on 231 in Deer Park, or we would go to Steer burger on Hempstead Turnpike, or Jack in the Box in Centereach, then you had McDonalds on 110 in Huntington ,and there was Burger King on Hempstead Tpk,
    and Nathans and Texas Ranger in Long Beach back in the 70's and early 80's there was no shortage of places to get some action or hang out on Long Island not quite the same anymore although we do have places to go

23. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Lake St. in Minneapolis in the late 50's.

24. Early seventies-Puyallup, Wa- they changed Meridian St to a one way street (cutting right thru the War Memorial baseball field), which created a nice loop-we always met at the Herfy's. If we left town we would go to 6th Ave in Tacoma-Highland Hills. Both places were alive, and a kick in the ass-wouldn't change a thing.

25. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Paradise Road!!!

(But in Omaha, it was called Dodge Street)

26. whitedawg

whitedawg

Late 60's Rt 130, used to call it Bloody 130, because of all the accidents.
    from Burlington to the Lakes (Holiday/Olympia) and back again

27. In the middle 60's it was either route 2 from Arlington to Concord Massachusetts or we spent our late nights cruising Wellington Circle and Fresh Pond Parkway in my injected Bel Air.
    I got married in the 70's and by the 80's I was cruising that big toy store with that stupid talking giraffe for a mascot, buying toys and diapers for a growing family.
    In the 80's I was so poor I cruised in my glass pack equipped V6 Pinto w/ baby seat and chose between food or gasoline and maybe an occasional copy of Popular Hot Rodding to read about what the rich guys were driving.
    Only time in my life I was unemployed and had to collect from the government to feed my family.
    Couldnt cruise much at $130 every 2 weeks. The 80's recession crimped my style
    It got way better in the 90's and beyond.
    Got plenty of horsepower out in the garage these days with no more dependents.
    I'm back to pickin' off thugs in imports at Wellington Circle again.

28. I cruised whittier Blvd in SOCAL with most of my cars. Cant do it much anymore. Too many damn cops.

29. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I went to CHS,class of '63, Dog-N-Suds on Prospect(foxy car hops) and Steak-N-Shake too! also had car hops, went west in '71.

30. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

In the mid to late 60's we would cruise Main street Anoka Mn. Frisky"s drive in on the east end and Mr Bigs ( now Culvers ) on the west end.
    If we has money we would go to the cities Sun Drive in on Central Ave in Minneapolis, Robins Nest in Robinsdale, Porky's on lake Street Minneapolis.