Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. we cruised Nevada Avenue in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Hung out at Supershops on Platte and raced on the street behind AMPEX or out on Space Center Drive? good times, usually in a 1980 camaro, red, snorkel hood scoop of course. Bitch of it all was we had to drive an hour just to get into town. We used a full tank of gas just to start cruisin!! oh well fun times

2. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Mainstreet downtown Greenville , SC on Friday nights and Saturday nights i cruised N.Blackstock rd. in Spartanburg

3. 1Bad67

1Bad67

Me too, in the mid 80's. When were you there?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. For us on the West Side of the Detroit Suburbs it was Telegraph. We cruised from Ford Road in Dearborn to I-96 in Redford. The White Castle at Telgraph and 96 was street race central in the 80's. Spent many a Friday and Saturday night out there.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA

York, PA (Philly - Carlisle Rd. - Market St. - Eberts Lane)
    Lancaster, PA (Prince St around to Queen St.)
    Lebanon, PA (Cumberland around to Walnut)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Wesley

Wesley

In the late 70s in Baytown, Texas we cruised Texas Avenue. For serious street racing we went out to Tri City Beach Road. My first years cruising was in a 73 Dodge p/u, and in 78-80, in a big block 70 Charger, in 79 I also had an MGB, and in 80 I cruised in my 280ZX. I left Baytown in 80 and from what I was told by 81 the city council had the police shut down Texas Ave for cruising.

7. jjordan

jjordan

Kansas City in the latter half of the 60's was Metcalf Ave. If you really had something: show up late at Sydney's on the Plaza. Later in the 70's it moved out to Noland Road (still have one of the Noland Road Racing Assoc stickers somewhere.)

8. South Madison Ave, Indianapolis

9. skot71

skot71

Cruised Madison street and McGalliard in Muncie, Indiana in the early 80's in my '70 Barracuda.

Attached Files:

10. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Used to run up Independece Blvd going thru town on my way to and from Atlanta on Friday night and Sunday nights..Got in a few street races there, and got a loud muffler ticket, too. This was in my '58 Impala ragtop 302/4 speed....in 1967

11. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Don't forget Mister "T"'s! Stick City or one of 'em had a place in Costa Mesa in 1969/70 believe it was right on Harbor Blvd....

12. FANTM58

FANTM58

For me it was cruising COLFAX in the 80`s. GOOD TIMES !! great memories !

13. speedchangesyou

speedchangesyou

Joe..thanks for your service to our country and you are absolutely correct about the Land of the Free it's only possible through the sacrifice of the few that served....

14. I wondered if anyone from Shawnee would post in this thread. Lived there from '60 till '67. Use to go to a little burger joint called Freds Drive In, also there was a larger drive-in east towards Missouri that filled up with cars on the weekends and you could always find some to race. There was also another one just across the state line in Missouri. Had some great times at all threes sorry I can not remember the street names, been a long time.

15. thishero

thishero

While in HS it was mostly Lyons Ave. in Newhall with occiassional trips down to Van Nuys Blvd. or the Sunset strip, but after HS, we moved to Modesto so I got to cruise McHenry the last few years before it was shut down.

16. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

The same lame ass city that I moved back to for some reason Malfunction Junction CO.

17. jjordan

jjordan

bjinks, remember Mug's Up rootbeer just around the corner on 75th at Metcalf. That one drive-in was just east on State Line Rd/south of the Ward Parkway Center picked up some great races sittin there, can't remember the name of it either.

18. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

from 97-98 i cruised my 66 chevelle down las vegas blvd.

19. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

In the mid 80's, CRUZIN THE FE here was pretty hip- I do remember finding a few races on metcalf in O.P. Always some action to be found there.

I wish my old man would join here and post about some of the wild street racing in oklahoma city back in the '60's. First story that comes to mind was a friend of his brought out an FED on classen blvd(I think) to run a quick race, put it back on the trailer and deny everything to the fuzz. Somewhere around the old "split-t" burger joint.

20. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Early 70's Whittier Blvd!
    And sometimes Bellflower depends on the girlfriend at the time!

21. bigvicsd

bigvicsd
    from san diego

late 80's and 90's Highland Ave in San Diego 63 impala flaked out roof straight 6 duals popin oldschool .....

22. +1 for Chester Ave in Bakersfield!:cool:

mid-late 80s in my '63 Galaxie.

Was fun before gang-banger assholes fucked it up.

23. noxided

noxided

Wallisville and Uvalde in Houston back in the days.. ok maybe 10 years ago.

24. ivanimal

ivanimal

1976 Mission Street San Francisco. Mostly went joy riding in the North Beach area looking for girls. I got a 67 Camaro senior year and it was all over the Bay Area from then on.

25. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

College Ave. Appleton WI. They frown on cruizing 99% of the year now, execpt for the one night there's a car show on the ave.

26. dixiedave

dixiedave

Stratford Road in Winston-Salem, NC. It got shut down in the early 90s.

27. Cruised all over, NY, Westchester, NM, Alburquerque, and a few times in Scotsdale AR, between 1964 to 1967. Did some cruising in Vietnam too!!!

28. rztrike

rztrike

Main Street, Newark, DE. 62' Thunderbird convertible. Early eighties before cruising became illegal there

29. dan sutton

dan sutton

X2. Sad day when they tore the TeePee down.
    Also, Federal Bvld in Denver - late seventies

30. Movie Nova

Movie Nova

82nd Ave. Portland Oregon. It was awesome!