Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. 61 Tx Cat

61 Tx Cat

From 83-88 we cruised Forest Lane in Dallas from Marsh Rd. to Webbs Chapel Ln. When there was a race we would go to Northwest Hwy, Manana, California Crossings, Quaker(Garland). Occasionally stop by Cooper St. in Arlington on our way back from the drag strip in Kennadale....good times

2. I do... Lived out at Isla Vista for a short while back in the early 60's. Hollister Blvd thru Goleta to the Drive In ( don't remember the name ).

3. Larjk9

Larjk9

Indian Head Highway, Rte 5 in Waldorf, Rte 450 in Lanham and Rte 1 in Laurel. Pretty much everywhere in Prince George's County Md.

4. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Mableton. GA....Bankhead hwy ( 278 ) runs down the middle of town, McDonalds on one end and Grants on the other , it's about 3/4 mile one way....on any Friday or Saturday we'd do 40 laps easy.

5. 1320/150

1320/150

Big Daddy's Auburn Wash. Friday nights. Couldn't wait to get out of school,and go get a burger!!! That place stuck around for another 10 years after. Actually still there just no cruise nights.. I think due to the man.

6. High Street, Pottstown, PA.

7. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

main street,columbia city indiana

8. ChevyDevil

ChevyDevil

We cruised Main Street/US 52 in Brookville, IN while I was in high school (98-01). The kids there still cruise but now its mostly just from the Dairy Cottage to the jail, not all the way to IGA. In a town where most everything closes by 9 and all the gas stations by 11, cruising until someone decides to have a bonfire is the only thing to do in town.

9. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Jefferson street in Joliet, IL - McDonalds to Burger King
    4 lane road with enough traffic lights to make things fun at times:D

Cruising was outlawed shortly after I gratuated in 1988

10. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

J Street in downtown Sacramento prior to that - early 80's. I think when "the man" closed J Street to cruizing, it moved to Greenback/Sunrise area.

11. '65 nova

'65 nova
    from New Jersey

Amboy Ave. - Metuchen thru Clara Barton to Fords, then back again - over to 440 extension for a possible race...

56shoebox likes this.
  12. New Brumswick, NJ
    Mid to late 50s
    Albany St, George St, Livingston Ave. If we had money cruise to the Aventure and Caddilac car hops on Hwy22 and sometimes to an all nite dinner in Allentown, Pa

13. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Grew up in Louisville, Ky. in the 60's, we would cruise 3rd Street around the Frisch's Big Boy then up to Newcut Rd. and cruise Jerry's then head downtown on 4th street, then do it all over again. If you got stopped by a redlight on 4th Street, and someone yelled red light, we would all get out of the car run around it and change positions in the car. I didn't cruise 4th Street much cause because of that, I had a bitchin 56 Chevy 210 2- dr. sedan with a 58 corvette powertrain(283 bored to 301), 3 deuces, 4 speed, positraction rearend 4.11 gears. in it. I didn't like other guys driving my car.

14. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,In the late '50's early '60's ,Marshalltown,Iowa & Des Moines ,,in my '51 Vicky ,,'62 ,in the UASF ,,Roswell N Mex in my '52 Chevy ,,'64/'65 in Anchorage Alaska in the USAF in my '54 Ford Pee Cup,,Rochester Injected 283 Cheby,,,,they ALL looked like a scene from American Grifitti / Hollywood Knights ,,those were sum Great Times Fer Sure !!!

15. Whoo Hoo a six pack between twelve guys? :eek:
    You were living on the edge :D

16. Hammertime

Hammertime

High St. Pottstown ,Pa....late 60's-70's-80's I never quit!! I hear it's still a great place to cruise today.

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Anywhere in Sloan, NY!!! Shitty I know but it's all I knew!

18. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

University Avenue in St. Paul between Montgomery Ward and Porky's or Main Street Anoka

19. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

grew up Lakewood 1969 bellflower blvd,whitterblvd, lakewood blvd.pch huntington beach,lived in seal beach .My dad used to tune a jeep we raced intersection artesia& 605 frwy when frwy was being constructed.bought first set of american mags at service center compton 56 2dr post 4spd .got a ticket on whitter for no licence plate light in the rain.cop got soaked

20. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

Cruised the loop! Main street in River Falls, WI. had center parking. You could go round and round and round all night! It didn't take long to ware out the right side of your tires!

Memories......:confused:

21. willys1950jeepster

willys1950jeepster
    from pdx

In SoCal early 80's "The Old Road" that part of San Fernando rd that connects Valencia/ Santa Clarita to the Valley. Kids used the stretch that ran under I-5 to cruise, meet up, race or just show off. The more serious racers would match up then move off someplace quieter like Glenoaks & Peoria.

22. orange52

orange52

I "cruised the loop" in the mid to late 80's in Ida Grove, IA.
    Two blocks down 2nd st to the video store, do a U turn, two blocks back to Main. One block up to the post office, do a U Turn, one block back down to 2nd. Repeat over and over and over and over :) That's a loop of 3 city blocks, which was bumper to bumper Friday and Saturday nights. Small town USA, gotta love it :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  23. I did that cruise some times, but mostly in the downriver area, I cruised up and down Dix rd. between the McDonalds in Lincoln Park to the McDonalds on Eureka Rd. in Southgate. Drag racing was done on Allen Rd. between Sibley and Pennsylvania Rd. Also by Metro Airport.
    George

24. gtkane

gtkane

In the '80's, we cruised Portage ave in Winnipeg in my 340 Dart.

It's just not the same now...

25. ManiacT

ManiacT

In the 50's Houma we would cruise Main St. and race the Tracks to the Trees...
    In the 60's B.R. we would cruise Florida Blvd. and Nicholson Dr. and race Nicholson Ext. Used to go to Hoppers, Alessi's, and Rocks back then, had a 40 ford, then a 33 ford. My first drag race in B.R. with my 40 was against another 40.
    Raced a lady with a mustang in Corpus Christi she beat me 2 out of 3, 1964.
    Raced a 36 ford in Fairfield Tx with my mustang, 1964.
    Raced a Galaxy in Laredo some near Zapata back then....1964.
    We were just "Tooling" around back then......we were lucky and didn't even know it in a way.

26. Stevie D

Stevie D

Main St, Hopkins,MN
    4th St or Main, Anoka MN
    University Ave, St.Paul MN

Oh the cars i was in 83 eagle wagon, 78 chevy long box low rider, 63 chevy nova convert, yellow 55 chevy, 63 t-bird ( dads car ), 71 v12 jag ( dads car ). 54 mercury custom

27. Stanley's to the Ranger to Polk Street in Amarillo, Texas

28. 1gearhead

1gearhead

In the south Seattle area in the 60's we curised Renton Blvd. and Keno's Drive in. We also hit the Renton loop frequently as well as the A&W in Auburn. Most unusual place we went, but not necessarily to cruise was the Lake Washington Floating Bridge Tubes. Probably one of the most unique places to race in the country. Days long gone by.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  29. BJR

BJR

Lake Street in south Minneapolis from Porkey's Hi Lake to Porkey's by Lake Calhoun. I drove either an Olds powered 34 Ford 4 dr in red oxide primer, or a purple metal flake 57 Pontiac Safari wagon with a straight axle tri power 389 4 speed.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  30. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

I can just see you with your big gold chain, and your Farrah shirt splashing on the "old spice" after shave, hunting freshmen chicks.