Register now to get rid of these ads!

What steering wheel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FatfenderJ, Apr 12, 2005.

1. FatfenderJ

FatfenderJ

Its time to get a wheel in my 47 ford sedan. I'd love to get something like a 57 ford wheel but haven't had much luck and I'm short on funds. The stock wheel for the car is fine with me to, but mine is trashed. I need something relatively inexpensive that will look right. Any suggestions, pics are good. Thanks -FFJ

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

in all honesty, if fundage is at a premium, use some Justice Bro's Kustom body filler and bumper adheasive to fill in the voids and cracks on that wheel, and paint it... it'll get you through till the payday you can find the cash to get what you really want to hold when you roll :D

3. FatfenderJ

FatfenderJ

Thats not a bad idea but how do I adapt the stock wheel to an after market column. I need a 28" column because of my headers. -FFJ

4. torpedo8

torpedo8
    BANNED
    from hell

IMO, fuck getting a steering column to fit because of the headers, make the headers fit your application, just a bit of welding and cutting.

i did that on my 47 pontiac , ran a new steering box so i wouldnt have to modify the headers, wtf was i thinking?, i still had to modify the headers, not to mention the 3 joints my steering has that looks like complete ass!

5. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Check for Boat steering wheels at the swap, they are usually dirt cheap.
    And they bolt on Ford up to 48 as far as i know...