Register now to get rid of these ads!

What size gauges fit a 1951 Chevy Coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KarKrazy56, Jul 18, 2013.

1. KarKrazy56

KarKrazy56
    from NJ

Looking to buy gauges for my 51 chevy coupe but I don't know what size to get 5" or 3 3/8" to fit right into where the originals are at.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Interested as well. Can you post some dash pics as well?

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa

nothing is a direct fit. I bought a set of NuVintage for my 51 as they also make an adapter to work with the factory bezel

[​IMG]

4. KarKrazy56

KarKrazy56
    from NJ

@Boones You have any idea what size they are?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Look for a 5 inch quad set. Both my cars have Auto Meter gauges in the stock locations. There are many other makers with 5 inch gauges.
    Dom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa

52 hardtop, how did you mount yours, the 5" was a little large if i remember unless I either cut the hole larger (and went without the bezel) or fab'd a mounting bracket to help center in the opening (or maybe they were slightly smaller, do not remember)

7. KarKrazy56

KarKrazy56
    from NJ

I sent him a pm..

8. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Hey guys, I did use the stock bezels. It was the back side of the bezels that I had to trim. I didn't touch the new gauges. I have the new gauges with their bezels sitting in the stock bezels. Again with a little trimming I got them to sit nicely. I then took the old mounting brackets and cut them so they would sit around the new gauge body. I use the old brackets to hold the new gauges to the back side of the dash. It's been a while since I did them. I know there may have been more done to the stock brackets. i just don't remember exactly what it was. I may just look under the convertible as it was done last.
    Dom

9. KarKrazy56

KarKrazy56
    from NJ

Thanks for the help!