Register now to get rid of these ads!

what should i get? model a coupe or 59 edsel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by peter schmidt, Jun 22, 2013.

1. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

I know its up to me but im torn between these two cars the model a runs and drives but has alot of mud in the fenders and doors but its all there interior needs recovered tho. the edsel is real clean showing only a couple small imperfections from old body work decent interior and paint needs a tune up and gone thru from sitting. i love edsels but i also always wanted a model a coupe the edsel is more practical being a 4 door and me having a two year old but also how much is he gona love that rumble seat when hes older. help me decide and by the way this will be the most amount of money ive spent on anything ever there both within 5 miles from my house the edsel i can see from my front porch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Sorry for the crappy pics of the edsel but it is good driver quality paint could use redone but solid overall and the interior is better than i remembered.

3. I want you to have the Edsel

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup.... it's your choice. I like hot rods.

5. Deuces

Deuces

The Edsel....;)

6. Peter,
    One is better custom fodder then the other.

Edsels have a certain Mistique that an A bone will never have, but the end of the day it is just a big ol' boat. Done properly they can be total liquid nitorgen. If you are into cruising the edsel is a good choice in general but if quick and nasty is your desire then the A bone is the only way to go.

now as for the cars in question I may lean toward the Edsel myself given your description. But it all comes down to how much work you want to do and what you want for your end result.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

since I already have a big ugly car from the same era as the Edsel I would pick the Model A.

8. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A for me, but that is just me.

9. For me, I would take an A over a "flying vagina" any day of the week :D

10. What do you think I'd pick?

11. ems customer service

ems customer service

me too

12. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

+1 :d

13. X's 2

14. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

hard to beat cruising with the little ones... I have a 6 and 4 year old. I sold my model A to finish my 52 Chevy...

However, I do have plans for another hotrod. For now cruising with the Family has made it more enjoyable. Edsel may fit the bill for now. Good luck. Too bad you can't swing both.

15. Fenders

Fenders

Me too -- so I can go get the coupe.

16. I'm with Fenders ...... take the Edsel, the rest of us will fight over the A , lol ,

17. bgaro

bgaro

you couldn't give me an Edsel.

18. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

I'd go with the Edsel Just because it would need to be lowered and then it's a lot cooler but the a would need a lot more work to be as cool. Plus it's more practical for your family. But that's just my opinion being a custom guy

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I have owned both a '30 Model A coupe and a '59 Edsel 4 dr.

I sold the Model A in 1979 and wish I still had it.
    I sold the Edsel in 1992 and don't miss it.

20. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

If you're not totally in love with either one, keep looking.

21. I.d be split too. But right now id go with the namesake & not edsels baby. But my fourth kid is eminent & my A only seats 2

22. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

get the model A,do it up right and blaze on

23. christopher 78

christopher 78

A sick tail dragger Edsel would be sick!!

24. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

Get the Edsel and give me the contact info for the model A.

CN

25. Hmm...I can't decide. Blueberry pancakes or shrimp scampi?

Seriously, it's up to you, BUT if it were ME, I'd take the model A any day over a four door Edsel. You must be young. Us older guys remember when there wasn't much of anything more un-cool than grandma's 4-door Edsel. That being said, with a two year old I understand the practicality of the Edsel. On the other hand, since when are hot rods supposed to be practical? That ain't what it's about. Build a real hot rod out of the Model A! Oh hell, do what you want.:D

26. pitman

pitman

Nuthin' like an A!

27. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

I went with the model a. i figure i allready have a 49 hudson four door thats close to being road ready and my 59 edsel wagon thats a long long term project so i needed a little hot rod here she is drove her home dont mind the green itll be black inside soon and hopefully i can run my 35 wires on it. i have a t spring and an extra front spring im going to reverse in the garage waiting. its staying full fendered no chop and banger powered as long as i own it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. modeleh

modeleh

Good choice. I think the A would bring a wider audience than the Edsel if you ever had to sell. Personally, I have always had a hankerin for a 58 Edsel though.

29. Good choice! Have fun with it!

30. model AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!