Register now to get rid of these ads!

What rims for this car ?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag54, Jan 20, 2009.

1. i need some input this is my street terror drive it to dragstrip and all over town...transforming from "pro street" tire rim combo ...... i know i know dont say it......anyway i wanna go factory original look in interior but want a late 60s dragstrip look on the rim and tires what are my options.........? thanks...

Attached Files:

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

this is an off topic car...torque thrust d's..my opinion

3. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I Agree with HotRod... They would sure suit the car.. . BTW.. Nice car..

:)

4. jdubbya

jdubbya

Make it 3 votes for TT-D's

5. what about radir tri ribs rear and these for the front . i know these are spindle mount but et wheels has them in stud mount....thoughts????

Attached Files:

6. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

my thought is still..off topic

tt d's

7. does off topic mean too new ?? 1967 is still cool atleast its not a c a m a r o........

8. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

I would say black steel wheels

9. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

too new and camaroish....at least to the masses on this forum

10. if it were 2 feet higher off the ground it would be ok then its a "gasser" ......its the same car.....

11. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Just put a 70's Shwinn bicycle or Minibike next to it and your good to go for at least 5 pages.

12. beatnik

beatnik

Cragars SS, Radirs, Torque Thrust Originals, No matter what wheels you put on it, it sits way to low all the way around to pull off a late 60s dragstrip look. That's a modern stance.

13. ABBoston

ABBoston
    from Boston

14. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i didn't make the rules,it's not my site.but if you are gonna post,the rules are the rules...call your car what you want gasser ,whatever..it's not what this site is founded on..so if you're gonna list off topic...call it off topic.

15. after all i did ask for opinions didnt i....................................o-pin-yuns.....

16. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

keep posting newer cars than allowed..you'll get opinions.
    it's not the car dude..it's just ya gotta respect our host. i have never posted anything newer than what the rules state,even though i have barns full of them.
    if we allow this,then what's next. i'm not arguing anything that hasn't beeen covered..respect the site,respect the rules

17. Dasies. Not the full chrome, though.

18. metalshapes

metalshapes

19. i can tell by the 590 on your post you have a lot to say.. this could go on for days...its not about disrespect its about valuing what people on this forum would suggest or think would look cool on something wether it is a couple years to new or not.....this is the only site i dont think is gay so sorry if i wanted some input on rims tires from the hamb i wouldnt ask on any other sight .....it seems your the only one who is offended i posted such offensive material....others posted ideas and moved on please do the latter........

20. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

they are called WHEELS not rims

21. thank you "metalshapes" thats what im talking about..

22. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

ohh..they'll be around in a bit

23. metalshapes

metalshapes

No problem, man...

That must have been an unusual stance at the time, but I like it.

As far as a Cut Off Date, that is a Classifieds rule.
    The Rule ( or Guideline ) for the Main Board is to stay Relevant and On Topic.

With nicer wheels and some vintage lettering it would probably be just fine here.

24. thats the stuff i wanted to hear from the hamb.....thanks again metalshapes

25. jj mack

jj mack

Black steel no caps

26. Da Injun

Da Injun

I guess they were...and I guess you were wrong...how you like them apples? The car is cool, if you can't see that, something is wrong with you....and Camaroish? Yeah, whatever.

As far as the wheels go...Keystones all around (minus the black detailing in the cut-outs)or these others....at least for the front wheels.

Attached Files:

27. Dueceburnout

Dueceburnout

cast center torque thrusts. early ones look Really good on them.

28. metalshapes

metalshapes

The right tires ( type & size ) will be important as well.
    So it doesnt end up looking like mix of different styles...

29. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Fenton Gyros are my favorite, but hard to find these days, especially the 15 x 3.5 frontrunner.

Unpolished Torque Thrust D would be my second choice, and are available new.

Of course, the Cragar S/S was very popular when the car was new, but if I was to make my third choice, I would probably just go for black steel wheels and small hubcaps (dog dish or baby moon).

30. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

fenton gyro's, u.s. indy, shelby 500s, these are all aluminum slot type wheels. all would look great on your car if you can find them. if not,deffinatly a torq thrust type wheel. i would go with a straight spoke instead of the Ds. just my 2 cents. my third choice would be cragar S/S. what size wheels do you have on the car now??? i have a small collection of vintage wheels if your interested.