Register now to get rid of these ads!

What powers wagon head's suburban?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J&JHotrods, Nov 12, 2009.

1. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Didn't want to take seesko's thread off topic(2 door wagon/sedan deliveries), so decided to start a new one. Wagon Head and myself haven't really been formally introduced, but I see his suburban around local car shows and talked with him about the engine in his ride at a topeka show. The first time I walked past the engine compartment, I had to stop to figure out what the powerplant was. It's not too much of a brain teaser, but his disguise was pretty clever. He watched me scratch my head for a little bit and then filled me in, and we had a good laugh.
    Bit of a slow day at work today, so I thought I'd give everyone here a look at it to figure it out. What is it?

Attached Files:

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Looks like a late-model 6.0 or so, with VC adapters

3. squirrel

squirrel

yeah it's a late model truck motor, with a 4bbl carb intake and old cad valve covers glued on

4. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Just bumping it up to the top so wagon head can spill the beans.

5. wagon head

wagon head
    from kansas

Yep, I'm busted. It's a 6.0 that has been massaged a little, 850 Holley, Coil Pac's are inside the frame rails so the plug wires appear to be "correct". The original 6.0 valve covers are under the Caddy covers and we welded tabs and drilled & tapped them to screw the Cad valve covers on. Thanks for playin! Hope it was fun. You started it Jay!