Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What pleasure do you get driving your hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exterminator, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Driving the ‘29 cabriolet always invokes the feelings I had when driving it as a teenager. Hopped up four banger, stick, but now with synchro gears, no radio, but a heater, just a basic car that must be actively driven. It is just fun.

My ‘51, with its injected 392 hemi, is a road car with more modern suspension, but is a mild custom too. It also needs to be actively driven with its bias ply tires, but is assisted with power steering and front disc brakes. Driving it is more like driving my college car on weekends back and forth between home and school 170 miles apart. ...reliable, but an occasional hickup, to keep me thinking of the problem and its solution.

The feelings are mostly nostalgic. I don’t care if folks look at the car or not. Most folks nowadays don’t have a clue or care about an older car, but the cars give me pleanty of driving pleasure.

2. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Simple car equals simple pleasure and I built it.

nunattax, Elcohaulic and exterminator like this.
  3. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

All the great responses and reasons just confirms the fact you never see a Hot Rod in front of a psychiatrist office. It is often the best stress relief whether your driving or wrenching in the hot rod.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Hearing a strong 66 year old engine bark to life through the Cherry Bombs, feeling the little bumps and ridges on the road through the shackles and leafs, keeping her on the straight path with the old kingpin front end and enjoying the view as the sun reflects off the metal dash and the world rushes by my open vents. That's, as we used to say, "motor-vating."

Elcohaulic and 65pacecar like this.