Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What other uses are there for these cut 1937 Ford roundback spindles ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34 GAZ, Feb 4, 2019.

1. I have this nice pair of Ford spindles that have been cut and re-threaded. Obviously no use for drum brakes but for what else ? Can they be used for a disc brake conversion of which i have no experience or are they just to short ?
    spindle 1.JPG spindle 2.JPG spindle 3.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Dragster with Motorcycle wheels?

What's up with the back plate bolt holes? They look slotted.

34 GAZ likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

A guy who wants to run the big snouts for his SAE wide five racing hubs could use them. The snouts just bolt onto the round flange.

34 GAZ and tubman like this.
  4. You could use a motorcycle wheel with a disc or a drum setup. Only work in alight car though.

34 GAZ likes this.

5. When you run the bolt on spindles you leave the stock Ford at full length and use a support that slides over the car spindle that gets locked in place with the stock spindle nut. You then slip the bolt on spindle over top off the support interference fit and bolt them to the Ford backing plate.
    upload_2019-2-4_12-20-20.png

stillrunners and 34 GAZ like this.
  6. How about that !! Interesting stuff :cool:.

7. Fordors

Fordors

I’m trying to picture how motorcycle wheels would work on those.
    The only thing usable I see are the tapered eyes. I’d cut them off, make them round and save them to use for radius rod, or split wishbone mounts.