Register now to get rid of these ads!

What MSD dizzy for this SBC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by briggs&strattonChev, May 21, 2005.

1. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

Howdy. My dads motor is about ready to go, and he wants an MSD distributor w/HEI. Any of you guys have experience with them? The motor is a 70's 350 chev block, 30 over, 90s heads, mild cam. Basically a mild 355.

There is room for the coil on top of the cap, but he doesnt really care where the coil is so it can be one where it mounts elsewhere.

Anyone have a model name or part number(s)?

Thanks
    Chris

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Pretty much anything by MSD is fine to use. We have zero defect returns on their dizzys. The setup Deuce Roadster suggested is fine, as long as the coil wire is the right color.

I'm going off of memory here... so don't quote me on these numbers...

That dizzy in the kit is a stand alone (no ignition box required) and is part number 8360... the coil is 8207. If you want a traditional style canister coil use number 8202 which takes a standard socket style plug in, the same coil with the HEI style terminal is 8223.

I hope. If I was at work it would be much easier...

...one more thing, don't buy from Summit or Jegs... support your local speed shop!

(EDIT) I had the bright idea to check WWW.MSDIGNITION.COM for the part numbers. They are correct.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

5. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

thanks for the help guys