Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Master cylinder to use for under floor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AMC360, Nov 17, 2008.

1. AMC360

AMC360
    from Canada

I am running a drum/drum system and I am mounting the master cylinder under the floor. Should I go with the simple ones Speedway sell or is there one I can easily purchase from my auto parts store. I am also thinking on putting power brakes, what car has a small booster to take from.

2. RETROD

RETROD

'70 Ford Mustang drum/drum with power assist m/s. Cardone # 101488 has built-in check valves. Direct replacement for boost assist. Local AAP $21.00 US + core.

Side note: Congrats to the NHRA champions.

3. pecker head

pecker head

Im running 67 Mustang drum/drum !

4. AMC360

AMC360
    from Canada

Thank's for the info guys.

5. chevy3755

chevy3755

How about what to use for disc on the front and drums on the rear..............any help is appreciated........im ready to do the brakes

6. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I suggest you select the master cylinder that was on the car where your front discs came from if it had drums on the rear.

I have Mazda truck rear axle with drums, that same truck had discs on the front, I used them, and master cylinder with small diameter booster from same truck. Installed mc under the floor, and simply ran the lines, knowing that the engineering was already done. I get excellent performance.

Attached Files:

7. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

if you are running discs in the front look for a 80's caprice m/c. they are available in either power or manual.

8. I'm running one of the Speedway cyl./pedal sets in my roadster. It works OK, but I had to do a LOT of work to the mount to get it there. Not one of Speedway's better parts, IMHO.

9. AMC360, look up Terrarodder on the HAMB he has a 37 Terraplane.