Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects what is your winter project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 77salon, Nov 22, 2011.

1. 51mercgirl

51mercgirl

well my 51 Monarch Lead sled..of course,,,but we just bought..err I bought for BOTH OF US..as we do have mine and his personal cars...figure this will be a easy one...a 1960 2 door Plymouth FURY...runs drives and hopefully will be on the road this winter! its a great lil car! sooo excited!

2. jeffh547

jeffh547
    from Florida

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  3. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

rebuild the front suspension on my Electra and front wheel bearings, rear brakes, replace parking brake cables, and check 3rd member, i hear she's a bit noisy up in there...

4. Hopefully it will be a '60 Ford Squire Wagon I've got my eyes on.

5. Reworking the top mechanics on my chopped 41' Ford convert so it folds down correctly (the guy who chopped it for me never got it right. Anyone ever done a 41'? I'm very close but not quite there ). Then a new top in time for the Detroit Autorama. If there's time new king pins and a little exhaust work. After that I'll be pulling the 371" Olds out of my 34' coupe and sending it out to Ross Racing for a freshening up. While the motor's out I'll be putting fenders on the car.

6. Screw the GRS! Your car is awesome just the way it is.... without fenders!

Besides if they allow a 1977 car in they should except your car the way it is.

7. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Getting back on my 30 Sport Coupe, mocked together about three years ago, 8BA flathead, 39 trans, 4" dropped axle, 40 brakes, 51 F1 steering. All the hard work done, got sidetracked on a 60 T-Bird mild custom and now going to try to finish the coupe before the end of 2012

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      224.6 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      236 KB
      Views:
  8. big bad john

big bad john

.....No cars this winter.....going to take a break....got a couple of gas pumps to restore .....

9. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

my son and i building his first vehicle 62 c10

Attached Files:

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

The Lyndwood restoration is entering its 21st year, might force myself to start assembling the SBC and rebuild the ALGON injection system. I think the chances are better that I'll be working on the '30 Roadster body. Do a HAMB search I said the exact same thing this time last year.

Attached Files:

11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Plans are to yank out the tired 302 and c-4 [2000 drag strip passes and some street miles] and drop a later model 302 and A.O.D. 4:11's are going too.[3:55's] and posi. NO MORE SPOOL ON THE STREET!

12. David_396

David_396

13. After two years I've got a good start on our '49 tudor Ford. Doing the brakes first. It sat on the ground about 3 years before I got it and the brakes are all shot. Other than that the car is almost a driver. Picked up a set of front lowering spacers from Chris at Shoebox Ford and swapmeet rear blocks. It will need tires too... Hope to be on the road by Spring!!
    Check out our "Shoebox Barn Find" post we did.

14. FABRK8R

FABRK8R

Headed out Friday to see a man about 4 Flatheads...

15. '28' modelAA flatbed with a 364 nailhead.

16. clips221

clips221

I've been working on a 37 Ford pickup for about 18 months that's still along way off from cruising in it. I ran across a 1954 Ford tudor Customline Coupe a couple of months ago, bought a 56 312 engine for it and am starting on the brake system tomarrow. The body's in pretty good shape, needs floor pans and rewired. Gonna hot rod black it and have fun with it.

17. hemi gasser

hemi gasser

Rebuilding the carb, recovering the front seats, and powdercoating the rims and putting new tires on the model a.

18. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Boy where to start!
    First building a new roll cage for the lakester getting ready for Ohio in April. Next rebuild the Ardun heads on the roadster only about 60,000 miles on them fromt eh last time I had them apart. Then fix the leaking radiator on the wifes Deuce coupe and replace the windshild frame plus throw in a few flathead builds for guys on the waiting list and that should bring me to spring in no time.

19. David_396

David_396

Son and I set the motor and transmission in for a trial fit. Previously had a 400 trans. Going with a Muncie now. Of course the steel bell-housing I had bought was for a Tremec, so I used the factory bell-housing until I locate the proper one. Need to move the trans mount way forward. Excuse the dusty frame, it's been sitting in the shop collecting dust while I collect needed funds. Gonna set the body on and plan on ordering a firewall from joeelutz's Garage and tubing the rear. Plan on sectioning the factory tubs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. the only thing i am hoping for this winter to get done is get the coach work done in the 55 so we can hopefully use it this summer.. im keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath..

21. not dead yet

not dead yet

Working on my wife,s 47 cad. Hope to have it rolling for Torquefest III

22. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Just thought I'd post some progress pics from the past few weeks. Got the front brake parts and then ground down the spindles to fit the Lincoln style backing plates. (MT products)
    Mocked up the pedals, clutch linkage and master cylinder. Then installed the bell housing, muncie and Hurst shifter today. Then took it back out.
    Going pretty slowly only working 1 day a week. (pics are thumbs) brake parts 003.JPG

finn and elks 011.JPG

finn and elks 009.JPG

HURST 001.JPG

HURST 005.JPG

23. kevin mac

kevin mac
    from toledo,oh

this year its just surviving the weather....rain rain rain....the ark aint done yet.......kev

24. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

Hopefully, get the framework done on my '29..(boxing, motor mounts, center crossmember) so I can install my '38 flatty.

25. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

JEEEZE...don't complain about rain. Way better than snow !!!!

26. 1st: Re-organize and finish the shop.
    2nd: Sell some projects.
    3rd: Get that damn Gasser going!!!
    4th: Start on the '31 A pick up.

27. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Some progress pics from the last few weeks. Got the new e-brake and master cylinder installed. Then got the motor mounts tacked in place, then removed the headlight bar and radiator and shell. Followed by the motor.
    Still on the fence with what to do with it. On the one hand it runs great so part of me wants to just put it back in after cleaning it up. Or should I spend some more dough and have it gone through ??? Any thoughts/comments ??
    more hot rod 005.JPG

more car re-do 001.JPG

more car re-do 005.JPG

more car re-do 008.JPG

more car re-do 011.JPG

more car re-do 013.JPG

more car re-do 015.JPG

28. jesse1980

jesse1980

1965 impala ss 396 big block.

29. n847

n847

BAD PENNY...looking good I'd probably just clean that bad boy up and throw it back in if it runs that good and doesn't smoke! Keep it up!

30. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

To get this to daily driver status by May...

Attached Files: