Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is with this crappy weld trend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockabillyrat, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

ok so im all over the internet looking for ideas and info on my projects. and i have ran into this trend that guys are starting. they are making really crappy bird shit welds on a rusted out body to make it look cool? or making giant X's to weld suff together like stitches and leaking it like that!!!! what is will that. has any one else seen this? some people should not be given the right to handle old tin.:confused:

2. Heavy on the butter and I'll take a Kit-Kat as well.....

3. Yum, cookies! With the popped corn.

4. UA_HoBo

UA_HoBo
    from Oswego NY

If you have a dream, no talent and a bad attitude your work will look like crap

5. AntiBling

AntiBling

I blame TV and the internet, I've seen shows promote bad welding practices, some even being so bold as to teach bad welding practices as proper, not to name names *cough* Extreme 4x4 *cough*.

The internet gives hacks a safe haven by letting other hacks stand up for each others work. Example:

Guy A: Hey guys here's my latest work I think it turned out pretty well.
    Guy B: SWEET!!!!!!
    Guy C: Not to be a dick but I think your welds could use some work, don't look strong enough, try..........
    Guy D: Awesome work bro! Don't worry about Guy C, he's just a dick.
    Guy E: Ya Guy C, quit being a dick, those welds are good enough, may not be pretty but they'll hold fine.
    Guy A: Thanks guys, ya the welds were checked over by my friends dad's cousin's ball licker and he's a certified welder and he said they're fine.

6. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

How about we focus on the stuff the HAMB is about.

7. AntiBling

AntiBling

I blame TV and the internet, I've seen shows promote bad welding practices, some even being so bold as to teach bad welding practices as proper, not to name names *cough* Extreme 4x4 *cough*.

The internet gives hacks a safe haven by letting other hacks stand up for each others work. Example:

Guy A: Hey guys here's my latest work I think it turned out pretty well.
    Guy B: SWEET!!!!!!
    Guy C: Not to be a dick but I think your welds could use some work, don't look strong enough, try..........
    Guy D: Awesome work bro! Don't worry about Guy C, he's just a dick.
    Guy E: Ya Guy C, quit being a dick, those welds are good enough, may not be pretty but they'll hold fine.
    Guy A: Thanks guys, ya the welds were checked over by my friends dad's cousin's ball licker and he's a certified welder and he said they're fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.