Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What is this vacuum port for on a holley 94 ECG-6

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kingofthecrate, Jul 8, 2014.

1. kingofthecrate

kingofthecrate

I am redoing my 3x2 on my 55. I am running into all sorts of problems. First the new base's from vintage I bought are binding at the accelerator pump linkage and the linkage at the base plate.

I am also still getting fuel to dump out of the front carb when coming to a stop. is this from too much fuel pressure? I lowered the float more to see if it would help that.

I am still getting that bogg down after accelerating from a stop. I have sealed the secondaries the best I could but it feels like vacuum is still getting through them. What else do I need to see off? which brings me to this.. the new rebuild kits I got have different base plate gaskets and it didnt cover this hole that has a channel that runs towards the power valve. I was "told" that this is the vacuum port for the factory vacuum activated choke on these holleys. I am not 100% sure however, can I, should I plug them on the secondary carbs to help seal out vacuum?

Attached Files:

2. kingofthecrate

kingofthecrate

Ok so it turns out its the vacuum port for the choke (thats been removed) just having a difficult time setting these up. I get considerably less suction out of the secondaries but I AM still getting suction. How can I solve that? I have moved the plates around. installed a strong spring against throttle plate. Still getting that bog off the line from a light idle or light acceleration just using the primary carb