Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What is this Radiator shell from?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raymay, Dec 19, 2020.

1. raymay

raymay

Found this nice radiator shell with a bunch of parts I had. It is about 23" tall and I decided to convert it into a cool little display shelf. The radiator neck opening is an oval shape and I want to fabricate some kind of radiator neck and cap that would look good in the opening. There was a small hole probably for an emblem on the front so I added an old glass Blue Dot in case I ever want to ad a light. Not sure if it is from a car or maybe a tractor. Any help in identifying it would be appreciated.

IMG_4278.JPG IMG_4273.JPG IMG_4275.JPG

KiWinUS, AHotRod and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  2. evintho

evintho

I don't know but I like what you did with it!

raymay likes this.
  3. 1919 and 1920 Overland with the pail fill radiator.... 1919-overland-roadster.jpg

RMR&C, KiWinUS, Tman and 9 others like this.
  4. Can you float a Ford emblem in that hole?

A radiator cap that has one of those flying lady ornaments would be the catsass.

5. raymay

raymay

Thanks for the quick response. Looked up the Overland and found 2 on E-Bay. One was not as nice as mine and they are asking $250. The other was as nice as mine and sold for $350. Also saw what the radiator filler looks like. Not very appealing so I will figure out something different.
    I did not have to cut anything up on it so I guess if I ever decide I don't need it as a shelf, I can always sell it. For now I think it will make a great wall hanger toy shelf.

100_2500-1080x675.jpg

6. raymay

raymay

I am more of a Chevy guy so the Ford emblem might not be my style. I do have a few Model- A grille shells and a few still have their emblems. If I ever make any of them into a shelf, those emblems can stay.
    I do like your flying lady idea if I can find something like that.