Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is this machine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Jan 25, 2012.

  1. What is it and what are the basics of how it works?

    Attached Files:

  2. 54 savoy
    Joined: Jan 10, 2009
    Posts: 424

    54 savoy

    looks like to get a tire off a wheel
  3. it is an "on car "brake rotor ( disc) machining tool ....
    Joined: Mar 12, 2006
    Posts: 263


    4t6ford, that's exactly what it is, an on the car brake lathe. The hub looking part attaches to the hub of the car, and spins the disc, hub and all. The arm at the bottom of the photo has two lathe bits that face the disc both sides at once. Various companies made them, Grizzly Grinder was a popular brand.

  5. CH3NO2JAY
    Joined: Feb 28, 2008
    Posts: 244

    from Chicago

    A lot of cars that need that machine usually never get the rotors replaced EVER. I had a Nissan that needed that machine in the past and it was a bit*h to replace the rotors, but it was worth it in the long run, but it was pricey. Floating rotors are so much less of a hassle... :)

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.