Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is this gas tank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bert Kollar, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Can someone tell me what this gas tank is from. I want to sell it, it is in excellent condition and somebody might need it.

Attached Files:

2. It's Ford, not sure of the exact year but I know it's not a '38-'40 car/'38-'41 pickup tank because that one has the filler neck straight in rather than at an angle. Possibly '35-'36 car?

3. Looks similar shape to my 37 Ford tank,but mine has a straighter fill pipe. As 38fp suggested, it may be a slightly earlier.

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

We need to see wth is under the paint...it looks ver Ford but has too much junk up there. If the wad of hosiery is examined, it MIGHT be a 1934 with original sender/outlet puttied in and a '36-up one and yet another damn thing added. It has too much stuff up top for any stock elderly tank!
    Note that it is ready for a cap and is not made for an extension...if Ford, that would likely be '33-4, but we need to see what is stock and what isn't up top.

5. the other me

the other me

"leaded fuel only" !!!

6. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Bruce youre right the sender on the left has been added ala phillips screws Thanks for the help Consesus is its a 33-34

Attached Files:

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The one with all the tubes looks like it MIGHT be a '34 air type sender, modified and buried in black goo...the center thing looks like a '36-48 type electric sender also buried in black goo...need to exhume everything and see what's a factory hole and what's added.