Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is the year cut off date for the trans and rear end?

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by rebstew187, Nov 17, 2006.

1. rebstew187

rebstew187

trying to get some info on the trans and rear.is 1962 the cut off date for the them both or are you open to the later model stuff?later model trannies would be easier to get around here.how about the rear ends?can we use anything? 9" ford out of a 68 Mustang?or does it have to be older.I understand the class for the most part.but I'm thinking along the line of safty with the later model stuff.I understand it wouldn't be right having a disk brake rear end out of a 89 turbo t bird in it.also school me on the 3" tubing.dragsters use alot less than that. 3" seems very big to me for round tubing.I'm going with a 2x4 set up I think .just wondering why 3"

2. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I am running a late model tranny in mine as of now. I have also set up a late model motor in mine, while my 61 170 is being built. I will probably run the late model for the first couple of months, untill the other one is complete.
    I built my frame out of 2" X3" tubing and I think most of the others are that way. 2X4 may be a little much(weight wise).

3. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

There is no cut off date for trans or rear ends just no automatics allowed. The 3in tubing is for the main rail only. you can run smaller tubing elsewhere.

4. rebstew187

rebstew187

are these rules for sure for the 07 racing year or could they be changed?who all is involved with the updated rules that are coming out?just Ryan?a group?does anyone know when they will be posted?we would like to get started but want to make sure we are all legal.do it once do it right kinda' thing.thanks for the reply.oh yeah,one more and I'll shut up.is there any limitations on the wheelbase?too long too short?thanks Steve

5. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

These rules are for 07,not much chance of getting changed.
    The teams that are racing now and Ryan are the rule makers.
    The rules have been posted for 07.
    No limitations on wheelbase. Good luck!

6. ThingyM

ThingyM

Just a quick question.. In the rear end, Are most people running Spools,Posi, Im sure no peg legs, or mini spools?? Im using a rear out of the small Jimmie Blazer..

7. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

Hornets run a mini spool

8. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Ram Rods runs a mini spool.

9. Godzilla

Godzilla

55 chevy with a posi.