Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is the rarest car you have come across

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davesville, Aug 12, 2007.

1. dart165

dart165

Some of the rare ones that have come and gone out of my old man's posession:

55 Desoto fireflite convertible
    [​IMG]

61 Plymouth Fury convertible with "sonoramic" long ram 383.
    [​IMG]

64 Dodge 440 hardtop with a 426 4-speed.
    [​IMG]

When i was living in LA about 7 years ago, me and my buddy stumbled across a dude with 2 GM Futureliners chillin behind his shop... With only 12 being made, and less than 7(?) surviving, that's gotta be the rarest birdi've ever come across.

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

what is the rarest car you have come across.........

if i could do that, id be makin movies!!!!!! :O

3. 067chevy

067chevy

Couple years ago I bought a 1912 Model T touring car from a lady. It was complete, rolling tires held air. Anyway put it on fordbarn and sold it 3 days later for 5 times what I paid. Pretty neat car though.

4. Just make sure the car is waxed first, that stuff will stain :eek:

5. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Does this count?
    1965 Olds Starfire convertible.
    425ci BB olds engine 4spd muncie transmission.
    126 Starfires had the 4spd option
    ~ 8 were convertibles
    [​IMG]

6. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

My late friend bought a 1932 Jordan ace 8 when he was a kid (1938 ) and it has been restored to museum quality by Jim Capaldi in Ohio. This is a prototype of two made and this is the only one left. The car is spectacular

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

nah, if i have that kinna talent, ill let the prop guys deal with that!~:D

8. hotrodrhp

hotrodrhp
    from Wisconsin

When I was I7 years old (44 years or ago), helped a stranger get his car started. He knew I was a motor head and asked if I was interested in a old car he had under a tarp in his yard. Pulled the rag back and there rested a Stutz Bearcat boat tail. Thought to myself..kind of ugly.... not really cool traditional rod material! Any way I had a 34 Ford five window at the time and had no place to put the Stutz. Dummy!
    By the way still have the 34.

9. farmtrucks

farmtrucks
    from ct

grandfather has a delage he bought from a junk yard in argentina after the nazis stole it and shipped it down there. only 8 of them made worth quite a bit

10. My dad has a 1911 DeDion Bouton. One of 2. My aunt has a 1910 AC Sociable. 3 wheeler thing with boat steering!

11. seank38

seank38
    from high river

1912 russell torpedo roadster

12. GTSDave

GTSDave

How Bout a 1902 Rambler. Took these in 2001. The old man that sold me my Model A has it.

-Dave

[​IMG]

13. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

That belonged to the owner of Leon's.

14. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i owned a 1924 dodge roadster . only seen the one . .. steve

15. hot rust

hot rust

1925 maxwell sedan in pieces but complete last week. going back to get it shortly. and the best part $750.00

16. James427

James427
    BANNED

There is a gentleman in Knoxville Tennessee who used to work for Holman and Moody (people in Knoxville know who he is) who has a factory built 1967 Ranchero 427 4spd car with factory A/C. It was built without a VIN and was one of about 6 given to some of the factory backed drag teams as a cool tow vehicle. They were all supposed to be given back to the factory when they were done with them but one was never returned. He wound up buying it from one of the orignal drag team owners many years later. If he had not worked with Holman and Moody the guy would have never sold it to him. It is now stripped and jambed for restoration and still sitting.

17. ARCONORCAL

ARCONORCAL

1933 huppmobile sedan 4 door.......pickin her up next weekend, and the price is right....yes,freebie........cars been hidden there since i was 11 years old,my uncle took me there to show me the car and ask what the heck she was. my boys and i found the spot about 2 months back. still stuffed in the back,waitin for ME!!!

18. fleetside66

fleetside66

Yesterday I was in a private informal junk area in a property bordering my buddy's 75 acres & we spotted a two-seat roadster that resembled a bastardized Mercedes 190SL. We couldn't tell anything about it until I was able to lift the rear of the hood enough to see that it was a Skoda Felecia (!!??). I'd bet that this was probably the only one in this state & maybe the U.S. Has anyone ever heard or seen one of these?

19. One I can afford!

20. Driving down a street in Seattle, ran across a Facel Vega.
    In Mountlake Terrace, there was a white Maserati. Looked like mid-late '50's or so.

Saw both of those cars more than once.

But the rarest one I saw was a shiny car in my driveway. Rare, rare occurrence.

-Bill

21. How about a all NOS vintage 1989 Hyundai in the special edition "Rodney King Red" paint scheme?

22. rrayne

rrayne

I owned a z-11 63 impala. I gave $1200 dollars for in 1998. It came from ardmore, ok off the side of the road in a neighborhood. The old man had it since new. I had no idea what I had at the time. I knew something was up when I started sanding it and seen that it had aluminum fenders. My uncle has it now. If he dies before me I get it back. I say that because Im 32. He is 64, he was suppose to die from cancer 20 years ago. He is going strong. Dont take that wrong. I wish him a long happy life. Im just saying.

Oh and I also have a new car that is paid off. Thats pretty rare for me.

23. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  24. RAY With

RAY With

I guess one of the most unsual I have ever owned was a 1937 graham coupe. It was in excellent condition and no rust at all. First one I ever saw and havent seen one since.

Attached Files:

25. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of the rarest cars that I have been involved with was a 1959 Bel Air that I sold for a friend of mine. It was around 1989. It was a factory fuel injected car. He bought it new, paid $3975.00 for it in 1959. Still had the paperwork for it . Bought it at Roberts Morris Chevrolet in Cincinnati. The story is, there was only 38 full-size cars with fuel injection, and only 3 of them were Bel-Airs! The car was only showing 4700 miles, but he had put on a fresh coat of lacquer, to make it look better. Never saw another one.

26. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Nice :cool:

27. NORSON

NORSON

'55 or '56 Packard "request". It was a one off Factory show car. A guy named Frank King Owned it and drove it around SE portland in the Late '50s and '60s. He kept wrecking it and ended up parking it in his back yard. Dee Wescott Fixed it once. Had the remains of the original hood in his junk pile for a while. It had '30s style grill and '50s Cad type bumpers. I think it still exists.

28. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

At a local event last weekend.......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  29. The (as in only) 1962 Mustang 1

[​IMG]

30. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Any chance of you posting a photo?