Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the current state of Halibrand?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamedabone, Sep 3, 2003.

1. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know it has been back and forth, but what is the latest? The web site is still up and everything looks fine, but has anybody actuall BOUGHT stuff from them lately.

A dude at the hot rod show tonight said "Lobeck said they wern't shippin anything as of a month or so ago..."

Not sure if that was bullshit or not...

-Abone.

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

3. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I just heard recently that they have there finances under control and that they are to start production again. Flamed, you are not forgiven for beating me at the drags. I will never loan a helmet to someone who can outrun me again. I still want one of those do overs.

4. I would be very interested to know what is happening as a friend of mine in New Zealand is manufacturing Halibrand style wheels.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WZ JUNK. Thank you for the use of your helmet. I enjoyed wearing it while whupping you up and down the strip all day.

Just shittin ya. Damn glad to have metcha. Thanks for the traction tips and we'll do it again next year. I'll be packin a bottle full of 175 horse.

As for the Halibrand thing. A dude here in town needs a pair of skinny fronts and his dealer said they can't get anything from em. Bullshit, or not?

-Abone.

6. BigJim394

BigJim394

Didn't "roadsters.com" post something here a while back about a bancruptcy auction of assets or something along those lines? Maybe he will see this thread and fill us in...he seems to have been folowing what is going on as much as anyone

7. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

8. BigJim394

BigJim394

I dug around in the legal notices of the local papers in Wellington KS area a while back, and there were some legal notices about the building (s) Halibrand was located in and the bank maybe taking it/them back or something like that, though sometimes that kind of thing is just part of the posturing and legal voodoo that goes on when a business is re-financing/re-organizing.

It really is a shame that the demand for their once top notch products cannot be met, and that the company could not be taken over by someone who cares and who could once again start producing quality product.

9. Dennis McPhail speaks the truth. Richard DOES have a name. We shall see if he call pull it off. I know a couple guys that knew him in HS though, I guess he was a spoiled pompous ass then as well. Small peni/triple balls seems a good descriptor.

10. BigJim394

BigJim394

11. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Was there any truth to the story that Halibrand ran in to financial difficulties after 9/11?

The story indicated that Ted relied on the aircraft industry for production of wheels for various types of commercial airplanes. With the after effects of 9/11, many cancelled orders "pushed" Halibrand into Chapter 11.

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

The origional batch of those engines were NOS. Of course now that the French have found a market, they're comming up with more of them I guess. [​IMG]

13. I sure hope they go back into production... I have a pair of 11" Halibrand sprints (4" fronts) on my Model A and I want to switch to some 8"ers... besides, maybe it will calm things down on e-bay... the wheels have been going CRAZY on there since they went belly up...
    Sam.