Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banjeaux bob, Dec 26, 2011.

1. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

If I knew of thread to post this ,I would. Looks like HAMB material to me!

Attached Files:

2. Chitty chitty bang bang #2

3. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

This car
    Bill France posted an award of $10,000 to anyone who could post a speed in excess of 180 mph on a closed course speedway. Bob Osiecki of Charlotte, NC took up the challenge. Osiecki installed a super charger Dodge 413 cubic-inch engine in an Indy roadster. Then he designed and installed a vertical stabilizer and a pair of inverted air foils, or upside down wings, to the chassis to aerodynamically stabilize the vehicle at speed.

On August 28, 1961 Art Malone drove the 'Mad Dog IV' to a world record speed of 181.561 mph at Daytona International Speedway. The car is owned by Mary Ann Osiecki and is on loan to the North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame.

The body is constructed from aluminum and powered by a Chrysler 413 460-cubic-inch engine. There are drum brakes and Firestone tires.

4. Looks like a guy in a race car to me.

oh yeah, its got wings and a tail

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 62rebel

62rebel

it's a poke in the eye to Bill France, the Mad Dog IV with a blown Chrylser 413 and some wild aerodynamics.... built in 1961.

chitty chitty bang bang my aunt tilly's drawers.

6. France hated Mopars. You are right, this simply pissed old Bill France off even more concerning Mopars. And that aspect of motor racing will ALWAYS be less because of that, to me, anyway.

Another reason why NA$CAR sucks.

7. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

yes indeed, cool story ........just because

8. So, just what was aunt Tilly doing in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang without her drawers?:D

Doc.

9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    from red oak

The latest issue of Street Rodder Premium shows that it is in Don Garlits Drag racing museum in Ocala Florida.