Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is it with everybody making offers with no $ lately?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsrocket, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

The majority of people have always been tire kickers …. That don’t have a problem wasting peoples time. I bet they don’t feel the same about there time.
    I bet there the same ones that ride your ass if your driving to slow (for them)

2. Here are some of the rules I adhere to:

1. Not sold until all funds are received in my hand
    2. If seller doesn't respond to your info/pic request-move on
    3. If you are the seller-stick to your terms..not the buyers
    4. If you are accepting cash for the car, meet somewhere other then your home
    5. Do not arrange for the buyers transport, that is the buyers responsibilty
    6. Do not spend the money from the sale, until you actually have it
    7. Expect the car, to be lesser quality then advertised
    8. Do not make a deal, until you have talked person to person
    9. Trust your instincts
    10.Be patient, not all buyers/sellers are crooks

3. I was guilty of doing this several years ago due to unforseen circumstances. I talked to the seller a couple of times, he sent photos. The seller was very upfront with one issue on the car, and I really wanted it badly. A big ol' Buick, 46 Roadmaster. Arrangements were made to go get the car, 700 mile round trip. Truck and trailer all ready.

Money was ready too. Two days before road trip, I get a phone call in the middle of the day from my wife. She was terminated at work, no notice, nothing except good bye. Three vehicle payments at the time along with a house payment. She told me to go through with it, but I would not.

I called the seller that evening and explained what happened, he was very understanding. I felt very bad, but in the situation we were in I could not justify buying another "toy".

So, sometimes the best plans go awry.....

4. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Welcome to the new world order!!....This is a side effect from when they stopped letting parents discipline their kids....The whole my word is my bond concept has disappered...

5. Squablow

Squablow

It's happened to me for a long time already. Now, when people make me an offer, or ask "will I take $X" I have to ask "You got cash, today, ready to pay if I accept?" before I say yes or no. That weeds out the bullshitters real fast. Not always though.

Had my '70 Firebird sold this spring, a delivery date was arranged, I called that morning and talked to the kid, said I was loading everything up, he said "I'm still cleaning out the garage, so no hurry". I figure he needs an extra hour or so. Got a return phone call from another guy who had looked, told him the car was sold. Called about 50 times after that, never answered, never heard back. Couldn't even answer the phone to tell me he's backing out. Had to unload everything. Luckily I was able to call the other guy back and make a deal with him, still pissed me off though.

One good thing is, I've been showing up with cash and a trailer to look at cars for the past few months and have bought a whole bunch of screaming deals. The kind of shit I used to dream about finding. All of the flakes and bullshitters out there have made it a great time to buy stuff with cash in hand.

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

Looking at your Post History, I noticed that you pretty much live in the Classifieds Section.

When you Post on another Forum its mostly to ask a question or bitch about the Classifieds.

The HAMB isnt just a Classifieds Site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.