Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is a nice '55 Ford Fairlane worth??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rob Burton, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Burton

Rob Burton

It was restored and repainted 15 years ago and has always been garage-kept. original 292 and automatic transmission, red and white with red and whit interior. Car belongs to my dad and we are trying to establish what it is worth?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rob Burton

2. How many doors?? For better feedback post pics...

3. joseph66

joseph66
    BANNED

the prices you see here on some of these cars and what people tell you they are worth really means nothing any car it is just worth what the interested buyer is willing to pay for it and that goes for both a good economy or bad.........some people like to low ball now days cause of the bad economy but remember hot rodding is not for everyone you are not buying a hat or tomatoes you either have the cash or you don't so if you do not need the cash hold on to it and sell it later............or sell it for what you can live with it is up to you. GOOD LUCK

4. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

Yea, need to see some pics. Assuming it is a driver with no significant body issues, I would say 9-12K. You may get more if it is pristine, or as previously mentioned you find the right buyer.

5. marshallal

marshallal
    from amherst ny

Look at compleated sales on ebay. Hemmings motor news is on line. See what those sellers are asking. Nada. Kelly's blue book both have old car prices if you can find the way to get to it. Old cars price guide is on the naws stands.... With all this info in hand you too can become a profeshional appraiser of classic cars...mlmlml

6. Ramjetus51

Ramjetus51

....I agree......value is your perspective for your car....although I think that too much TV has given some owners false hopes.......

7. Just sold my 55 customline in december for 7400. It had a factory continental kit and a big block in it... Like stated in previous posts... It all depends on what's invested and what someone is willing to pay... Based on your description of your car, it will pull anywhere from 5 to 12k. Good luck! And welcome to the HAMB!

8. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Depends on buyer and condition,some nice looking cars out there are going cheap.They look nice on the outside which is good but whats underneath that really counts.Allot of these Fords are sold cheap because they are prone to rust and rot the front cross member out.Most will not bring the kinda $ a chevy will.I have turned down some really nice trades on mine and a cash offer of $15,000 if that helps you.But mine has a 302 -C-4 Trans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.