Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What I saved today! Was headed for scrap!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by novatattoo, Jan 18, 2011.

1. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Tires are 205/75/15 and 235/75/15 Coker American Classics

Yes each letter has "little white boxes", transformers. I thought they were ballasts.

2. T Fritz

T Fritz

Good score. The neibhors will love them lit up on the side of the garage.

3. amalgamated

amalgamated

look up with pride knowing its not a repop

4. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

5. joel torres

joel torres

thats funny im a union electrician in the neon sign division guys at my shop build stuff like that from scratch the faces can me made real easily
    the way they do it now is a electronic router cuts the faces out of lexan then they lay it flat face down on a wood table and begine to attach the jewlight (plastic sides ) by pressing it up against the side tacking a nail on the outerside to hold it in place and squirt the speacial glue thats harmless to the touch and keep going untill done but onces on this stuff its bonds real good if you have the faces intact they can put new plastic trim after cleaning it up
    lately we do upgrades to signs where we rip out the neon and install l.e.d.s they are brighter and use no power if you need more info hit me up would love to see those light up again
    i will include some pics of stuff i have done recently for times square in l.e.d

barclays times square all l.e.d
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. M1Lover

M1Lover

SCORE! My wife would look at me like I'd lost my mind..... You'll need a pretty big damned garage to put those up!

7. fleetside66

fleetside66

Yes, it is a mystery, especially considering all of the air play these flipping & auction shows that are getting lately. Thank goodness there are some dimbulbs out there that would try to scrap something like this. Good score!

8. Hmm one could re-arrange them to..
    Feet Rosin
    Steer Info
    Trees Info
    Feint Sore
    Fire Steno
    Often Rise
    Fret Noise
    Fee I Snort
    Free I Snot
    LOL that last one would be fun on a building...

and the list goes on and on

9. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

i found this 2 wks ago when i was taking the cab and bed from an S10 i got to use the chasis for my '38 international p/u to the scrap yard. i had to wait for the unloader guy and was walking around and this thing was sitting on the ground in the pie gettin' ready to get smashed. i asked the guy what would it take to get it in the back of my truck he said let me unload what you got then throw it on there...it yours. i couldn't believe it. someone had already taken the motor and air unit out of it and i was needing a good table so i put a nice piece of steel on it and some legs on the inside at each corner and some wheel and now i have a pretty cool table.

also got this cool arrow sign at our local monday auction for 20 bucks a couple of months ago

Attached Files:

10. Frank

Frank

Hard to say the age. I was making channel letters exactly like that in 93. Fairly certain they still make them about the same. Still a cool score.

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

After posting this and then thinking about it a bit, you are correct. This building was built in the early 70's. Not sure however when these put up. I still like them regardless.:D

Later,Bill

12. Still cool. Mount them and get them working. then post a picture so I can be jealous.

13. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

yeah, they should look awesome lit up in the garage. someday..................

Later,Bill

14. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I had to at least hang up the "F" for now. :D later, Bill
    [​IMG]

15. I would put it up on my roof.

16. Fuck me runnin! Nice save man!!

17. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

AH now thats cool...........