Register now to get rid of these ads!

What HotRod/Kustom stuff to see in Cali for travelers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, Feb 15, 2010.

1. So I was thinking of coming out on memorial day weekend to bakersfield to see a friend... then Paso for the Show. First question. What dates are the show in Paso this year for sure?

My main question is this. Since im just a poor old hillbilly from wyoming... and wasnt old enough to remember the last time I was in Cali. What should I go see while I'm here. Not so much the obvious crap that most tourists would like hollywood sign, blah, blah... but Hot Rod and Custom car stuff.

I am prolly gunna fly into LA, and have a whole day of bebopping around so i kinda wanna make a route and see the stuff that a guy with my interests would like.

So like the peterson museum in LA, Moon in Santa Fe, and SoCal Speed Shop in LB, and hopefully some of the guys shops that are on here.

So basically if you had a couple days to drive around where would to go? before goin to Paso Robles for the west coast kustoms show of course

2. Hopefully I wont be the only one to benefit from such information. :D

3. Paso is not Paso anymore, its now held in Santa Maria at the local fairgrounds. peterson is cool but you got to make it out to the Wally Parks museum at the pomona fairplex you wont be sorry.Check out Bobs bigboy in toluca lake,its one of the first ones.They do a cruise on friday nights.

4. The West Coast Kustoms show ain't in Paso anymore dude...Its in Santa Maria at the fairgrounds.

Theres lots to see in LA, you won't do it all in 2 days.

Petersen, NHRA Museum is a days worth alone.

5. Its Memorial Weekend...and great minds type alike!

6. :D Wow that almost looks planned.

7. Always wanted to go to a Bob's Big Boy. and wally parks museum Sounds like a definite star on the route. So anymore info on Paso this year that i need to know.

8. ITS NOT ON.....ITS MOVED....This will be its 3rd year at Santa Maria Fairgrounds....

DO NOT GO TO PASO MEMORIAL WEEKEND

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I miss Paso....

10. Well, sorry about that. i've never been so i dont know.

11. haha, sorry to sound naive. Wyoming is a whole other planet basically so i missed that Paso Robles no longer is where that show is. Forget I said anything about Paso. :D

12. i feel lots of hudson love here,... how about bill albrights shop called vintage coach 16593 arrow blvd, fontana calif. 92335, 909-823-9168 or [email protected]. i have never been there but only in pics and a short movie on you tube. but hudson guys hold him in great esteem. hope he is still there, with us as i have been out of touch for about a year. please correct me if i am wrong, being from the great white north-not this year- i my info on bill is 1 year old. thanks and enjoy hudsoning in california. dermott.:cool::cool::cool:

Attached Files:

13. Don't we all....

It was posted twice in this thread!

Have a good trip

14. hudson48

hudson48

Bill died last year.His son is going to continue with the business.I was there in 2005 and it is a great collection of Hudsons

15. hudson48, sorry to hear that news. R.I.P. BILL ALBRIGHT, damn, another great one gone.

16. damn thats sad, sorry to hear a great man is gone.

17. Even though we moved to Santa Maria its still a great show and its going to get bigger and better.
    The Friday night cruise is back just like we did in paso. Its from 7pm to 9pm. Come out with your lawn chairs just like the old days and watch the parade of awsome cars.

18. studhud

studhud

"Great" is a matter of opinion! And not mine.
    Go ahead all the Hudson guys can attack me all they want But I had very bad dealings with Bill so did alot of other guys.
    Twin h ranch aint worth it. Go to the NHRA museum its bitchen! Or go to Brad mastersons shop its the Old Barris shop that burned years ago. Its kinda like a working museum or at least thats direction he's taking it. its on Atlanitc Blvd in Lynwood
    LTR Dave Hitch

19. wouldnt happen to have a adress would ya. Because after that post I saw about it that what be a cool spot to go.

20. studhud

studhud

21. check that on the list