Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What happened to the old "cruise ins"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, Aug 23, 2019.

?

Are cruise-ins and car shows different?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2019.
  1. They are different. Cruise ins are just a gathering, car shows are for raising money

87 vote(s)
    94.6%
  2. Car shows and cruise ins are the same

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mark, I remember you and Barbara had thought about moving South to get away from the snow and cold but I imagine it's all the car related activity's that keep you where you are. HRP

ct1932ford likes this.
  2. I’m just now seeing this.
    KK’s idea of a jelly doughnut involves a very small eye dropper and an employee with a steady hand.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Don’t do too many car shows. Actually there wasn’t very many this year. We still have some gatherings that take place most weekends. The KK as Don mentioned, a weekly gathering in Dunkirk and the once a month in Shrewsbury for the northern crowd. There is also a weekly breakfast gathering and a monthly lunch get together. There will always be something to do and it should get back to normal in 2021.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ....I hear they've improved. They're using a thimble now to fill the donuts.:rolleyes:

wraymen likes this.
  5. There are lots of cruise nights here. I don't attend any that require a fee. Many others are of no interest as a lot of the cars are still under warranty with no mods.
    Then there are the guys who brag they drive their ride a lot, they were at two cruise nights this week! Wow.

ct1932ford likes this.
  6. There is lots of car stuff here, but I know many areas across the country that also have a large car culture. I think at this point I am too old to make a big move. We like are home and area. Lots of privacy yet convenient. Plus Barb's Mom is living in a great senior facility and we won't leave Her.
    Now when you start talking jelly donuts!:rolleyes: Actually I just lost over 20lbs and do not need the donuts.:(
    We did like the people down south, especially You and Brenda. Maybe Brenda a bit more.:p

pprather likes this.