Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What Happened to Falcongeorge?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anothercarguy, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

George has an artistic eye for what is "right." It makes him crazy to see someone that just builds something not caring or knowing about tradition. Just bolting a rod together the easiest way possible with no thought of esthetics. He sometimes just can't take it anymore and drops out for awhile. A machinist's personality. If something ism't within the ten thousands it can't be tolerated.
    Or maybe that is me.

Crazy Steve and porkshop like this.
  2. Budget36

Budget36

Never really noticed about him talking traditional or not...I gleaned from just his posts and a few questions I asked him in PM's, that he really understood how to make an engine run and run correctly...I used to get mind-boggled with some of the engineering sheets he'd post to make his point.

I really think/thought that "wow, this guy know's his chit".

3. Bader2

Bader2

He was the best,just ask him.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

4. trollst

trollst

See? Banned or not, still a popular guy......

jcmarz and Grumbler like this.
  5. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

A question one might be inclined to ask one's self.... would you tolerate George on a regular basis in person?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. How a person comes across in print and how they are in person aren't always the same....

George does have definite opinions. I believe it was a post on what's 'traditional' is what precipitated his departure. The post disappeared, and shortly afterwards, he did too. It was noted in another thread that he had requested his profile be deleted; I never did see any 'banned' show up as his 'membership'.

5window and Montana1 like this.
  7. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

He was probably given a "time out" from the board, and then just decided he'd had enough and left permanently on his own. His frustration with this forum was pretty evident, he was very short tempered toward the end. I'm sure he's doing fine not spending time here.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Agreed. I stepped away for a while and liked it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

George is gone, and it's pretty evident that he won't be back. A continued trickle of posts expressing what the poster did not like about him serves no purpose that I can see; George is not here to respond.

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

It's sad that the HAMB loses such a valuable person. Groucho is another one that the HAMB has lost and it's all because words hurt, BOO HOO. Grow a set!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Blues4U likes this.
  11. Groucho was given a time out but he's back. HRP

jcmarz likes this.
  12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm 41 years old and with that comes at least a little maturity (not a ton mind you) and as such, I don't talk shit on the internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.