Register now to get rid of these ads!

what hambers were at bonneville in '98?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Jan 31, 2005.

1. atch

atch

in a boner's post about bonneville i noticed that several hambers were at the 50th anniversary speed week at bonneville.

i was there

BenD was there

i remember dave lucari (sp?) and skip redio were there, although i don't know if either of them are on the hamb.

who else was there?

who had a car in the 360 degree pic? clarence was in there. it was black back then.

all of us listed above spectated. who watched and who raced?

2. old beet

old beet

K-MEMBER and MARSHALL were there, they rolled the coupe on the way home...........OLDBEET

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. I was there with my Black 33 Coupe, second row behind the Red Roadster in the first row of the Big Picture.
    Great meet with lots of old timers and Hot Rods.

4. Cword

Cword

I was there, I met Carps there and NZsimon (not sure if Simon signed up on the Hamb or just stuck to the RRt though) , Digger Dave was also there.
    Skip Readio has been on the HAMB in the past as Desoto.
    Mike

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. SimonSez

SimonSez

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure if NZSimon was there, but I certainly was :)

We may go back again this year as well since there are a couple of Kiwi cars returning this year.

6. Jangleguy was there with the chili pepper car. I couldn't go onna counta my dog ate my checkbook.

7. LIMEY

LIMEY

I was & i miss it......

Attached Files:

8. Cword

Cword

Simon, thanks for the correction, someday I'll get the Simons in NZ sorted.

Are Chris Harris and crew headed back up this way again?

We lost our local NZ salt racer in December, Jim Clifford passed away the night of Nov30/Dec1. He ran a Modified Mini Pickup (#269) along with Mike McCrimmon and Ron Hall from Red Deer Alberta.

mike

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I was there along with nailhead40 and Sam Sampson. I drove my "OTHER" car.
    DRD57, Shag. I think I met Brewsir for the first time, he was in his camper with the family (maybe that was 99) I am in the picture also.

B:DB

10. derelict

derelict

I was there with the two tone green '57 Ford sedan. I met a lot of people but can't remember all the names, old age and all...

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

yup as I mentioned in the other post, I was there with a bunch of Aussies.
    That's me second from the right. I wasn't a HAMB type then. G[​IMG]eoff aka Whodaky

12. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

My dad's not a hamber (lurker) but he was there......I think :rolleyes:

13. I flew in and had a rental car. Hung out with Bob K and some non-hambers. I don't think I had discovered the hamb at that time.

Charlie

14. I wuz there, just like every year. Drove the old RPU down the short course and managed to fill it full of salt when I turned out early.

I've had a car in all the 360o photos, wish they would start doing those again.

Burly Burlile says he is going to have a 20 year reunion of the old Bonneville cruise-in this year, nothing too special, just dash plaques and maybe a hot dog feed or something.

Mick

15. av8

av8

I was there but, sad to say, didn't get in the BIG picture. Did have a marvelous time, however.

Mike

[​IMG]

16. 28rpu

28rpu

I was there with my coupe along with some friends with their hot rods. Got in the 360 picture. Been back every year since.

17. SimonSez

SimonSez

It's even more confusing 'cos both the Simon's from NZ are building 32's (mine is a sedan, NZSimon's is a roadster) !

Yeah, I understand that Chris and Lincoln and the team are heading back this year.

Sorry to hear about your friend Jim. When you say mini pickup, you mean like a Austin/Morris Mini pickup ? How did it run ?

18. Yo tambien! Met C-word there and talked him into sending me an FSRA plaque, bought some t-shirts and a program. still in the bag, never opened. Will go a lot better prepared next time. drove in and out of SLC for a couple days, got to meet a great guy out of Massachusetts[name escapes me], no longer with us. Every car guy needs to go to the salt at least once in their life there is nothing else like it. It is bit if "deja Vu" walking around and seeing some of the cars and meeting all those cars and people that we've come to know from magazine articles forever.

19. LIMEY

LIMEY

Here's some of my favourite pics from that week.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

I was there with my red doberman in my 32 pick up on monday and tuesday.

21. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

32Limey, The blue canopies in this last picture was our encampment. Hell, maybe we have met.

22. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I was there driving the old 35 3-window and crewing on Kowalski,s gas roadster.
    Also,whodaky,It,s funny that you have more hair on the bottom of your head than Lynchy has on the top of his!!

23. LIMEY

LIMEY

Hey Ben you know what.....we probably did! :)

Any of you remember that light plane crashing after he clipped the salt with his wing.

24. Cword

Cword

The truck is a Ford Ranger, they did well last year, running a 2 liter injected engine they beat the old record by running 128mph, unfortunately for them another team had bumped the record a couple days before.
    Mike

25. k-member

k-member

I was there with Marshall,Leeman,and Fedsled. Haha, the memories.
    We were in my old A coupe tagging along with Leemans 39 convert. I don't think we were in the pic though. What an experiance. We left Sunday only to get hit by a Werner semi about 30 miles west off the salt, rolled that LiL" coupe about 3 times almost into oncomming traffic. It was amazing we lived. Ever since that day, it was called the "Road Rash". Could have been called the salt shaker cause it litteraly shook the salt clean off. WOW what a trip.

26. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave

As Cword mentioned I was there.
    I took the "Yellow Pickmeup" ('41 Ford Stake Bed Delivery)
    Met a lot of old friends and a bunch of new ones too!

Back then Cword hadn't "steered" me to the HAMB ... yet.
    (glad ya did Mike!! )

27. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

I was there in 98 with my purple suede 53 Pontiac and was shootin flames with it too on teh friday night. My dad had his 28 Hiboy roadster there and he IS in teh 360 degree pic. Its a 28 Roadster, bright orange with yellow scallops on the front, running a chopped and narrowed 35 ford truck grill shell, and deuce rails. It is in the front row in that pic, and the neat thing is its in the pic twice due to how that camera works, its at both ends.

28. 26-T

26-T

Atch, Bro. Bill and I were with you! We are right next to the Bat Cave(Clarence) in the Big Shot photo . In the Possum Powered 26-Roadster. 26-T

29. My luggage travelled from St Louis in the trailer with the flamed and blown flatttie powered '40 coupe of Jack Shea, and my body spent way too much time crammed into Doug Anderson's "Boogie Woogie' A coupe, only coz once dough jammed me in there I couln't move or get out.

Most of the time, I was the big ugly passenger in Dave Lukkari's A bucket much more comfortable than "BW'.

I also managed to get my body centre screen in the double page Picture in Rodder's Journal. Which was kind of a funny story coz when I picked up that issue of RJ, John Lynch, standing next to Whodaky in the Aussie pic elsewhere on this thread, asked if I'd like him to autograph my copy, to which I responded, "Yeah, sure and I'll autograph yours since there's a photo of me in there and only a photo of your car."

30. Even shared a beer or three with Carps and Dolly. ;-)

Another reasson why I hafta get back this year. Too many good freindships made there.