Register now to get rid of these ads!

what grinds my GEARS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyway Hauler, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

Looking on the web for finished pics of '32 Chevy trucks, and there seems to be alot of guys puttin ford front axles on these trucks, just doesn't seem right to me, I dunno, is it just me? Look at this one for example. 32ChevyPickup.jpg

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm with you. I like to see parallel leaf cars with original style front ends.

I think the car above has problems beyond the axle.

3. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

sorry had to do it..
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVj7TRAu9iU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVj7TRAu9iU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

you know what grinds my gears...chevy engines in ford cars...crossbreaders

5. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

ABSOLUTELY! Thank you for that "Built Ford Tough With Chevy Stuff!"WTF?

6. Ghost28

Ghost28

I don't have a problem with using a ford style axle up front on an early chevy I am doing it and I feel it cleans up the front area with the exception of the suicide style on that truck. And with the height of the chevy style front fenders even with the ford axle it's hard to get them down to respectable hot rod look in the front. I will maintain body, and motor confidence. but suspension I'm not stuck in my ways that much that I will discard a better idea or a new way to suspend my hot rod just for the sake of having it look like a restored stocker..John

7. Mine's a '34...so I'm exempt. Oh, it also has a T rear spring/ crossmember and a '39 Ford banjo. It's all fooked up!

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

Damn Hot Rodders.

What makes them think they'd be allowed to use unauthorised parts on their own cars...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.