Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What Games to play at a cruz ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

In the past at shows I've thrown We have played, fan belt toss, a connecting rod toss, muffler rapping, name that tune, and had burn out contests, what else could We "play" ? Von Doc

2. Lug nut toss. Get an old baby moon cap, give the contestant 5 lug nuts, and see how many they can land in the cap from 10 to 15 feet. It can be a challenge.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Drag" racing....connect a chain to an engine block and drag it a distance for times.

4. chubbie

chubbie

valve cover races

5. Polish ski racing. HRP

6. See who could eat the most hot dogs!:eek:

kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. desotot

desotot

Chicken poop poker, you will need a tarp with numbered squares, and a 4 sided pen, and of course a chicken. Everybody places a bet on the numbered square they think is going to win and then you put the chicken in the pen. Everybody stands around and watches till the chicken poops on the first square and the winner gets half the take, and the other half of the take , well just send it to me.

8. I guess the chicken ate the most hot dogs:p

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Scavenger hunts are fun.
    If you have room for cars to move, slow drags are fun. you pick a location where 2 cars can "run" side by side, pick a start point and a finish line (50' to 100' is a good length track). You need a starter, a finish line judge, a time keeper, and 2 officials to walk along side the competitors. At the start of the race, the cars go over a 2"x 4", the last one to the finish line wins. The competitors can't hit the brakes, they can't take the car out of gear or disengage the clutch, they can't shut off (or stall) the car, and the car has to keep moving. Add other rules as needed, we had a guy with an old front wheel drive Jeep truck with a double low gear we had to disallow. Set it up as a bracket race.

We also did a muffler wrapping one year. Have a fairly small muffler, (more then 1 moves the process along a little quicker) old wrapping paper, and tape. On a timed process, the wrapper did a Christmas style wrap of the muffler, and the crowd judged the outcome. 2 or 3 wrappers side by side was great fun!
    We did a # in the jar contest too. we had 4 or 5 different sized jars with different things in them. The number of items in each jar was written on a piece of folded paper tapped to the bottom side of the lid. The people made a donation, for each jar, for the chance to guess the number of items in that jar, and would submit a ticket with their guess on it in a box designated for each jar. At a specific time, the crowd was gathered, and the count for each jar was revealed. The entry with the closest number without going over won 1/2 the cash generated by that jar (and the jar & its contents). In the unlikely event of 2 winners, the winners split the winners jackpot. Candy pieces, and nuts & bolts were popular jar items. Gene

10. junk

junk

valve cover races!!! Always a good time.

11. I always like that game where you sit and watch all of the ladies walk by.:D

12. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

other wise know as "Stalking",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

13. here in ct, it falls under gambling and is regulated by the state gaming agency. an agent has to come out and measure that all squares are regulation size and evenly spaced. truth!

14. I've not seen one at a car cruise, but good old fashioned pickle licking contest is lots of fun

15. ............................I knew there was a name for it, but I just couldn't think of it.:D

16. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I'm so fare behind, what is valve cover racing?

Pickle licking? Sounds naughty, tell all. :D

17. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I don't think that's stalking. I think it's called the far more acceptable pastime known as leering.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Haven't you guys ever heard of sunglasses?

volvobrynk, lothiandon1940 and i.rant like this.
  19. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Subscribed!

I need the rules for "Pickle Licking".

i.rant likes this.
  20. Google it and there should be some YouTubes too

i.rant likes this.
  21. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Good point, wearing sunglasses brings it down to an innocent extended glance. Not punishable.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

Tape measure races. If there is enough interest, I will post the rules or contact me at [email protected]

23. Or the 'other' drag racing: a Mumu and a pair of ill-fitting high heels...you get the idea. Winning gets crowned RuPaul for the day!!

Cosmo

P.S. May be combined with 'pickle licking' for added hilarity!!

24. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

I AM IN FOR THE LEERING PART

i.rant and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

26. TinShed

TinShed

I was at the NSRA Mid America nats about 25 years ago in Sioux Falls SD when the did slow drags. You had to go like 100 feet without loosing forward progress. Whoever made the distance the slowest won and continued on like a heads up drag race. I remember it being a blast but have never seen it done at any other show. People where lined up in lawn chairs on both sides cheering you on and if you stopped the crowd went nuts........The starter even did the flash light start like back in the day. I went 3 rounds and lost to a guy with a stick smoking his clutch.

27. SLO Drags are a blast

28. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

One game that I always thought was fun is to place different small car parts or tools in a cloth bag with numbers on it and have ppl guess the part. You can sew the bag shut and pull out the seam when its time for the answers to be revealed. Bonus points for identifying make and model of car. For example a set of points or a lifter or radiator cap. make about 15 -20 bags with parts and let the guessing begin.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  29. Special Ed

Special Ed

Drill some 3/8" holes in some slightly elevated plywood resting on the ground, and do a push-rod "drop" from shoulder height.

30. To answer the question,What is Polish Ski Racing?

You start with a old pair of water skis and drill holes to run straps through each ski to accommodate three peoples feet and a extra set of holes for straps for the lead man to hold on to in the leading edge of the ski's.

You then have the lead man and the rear man face forward,but the man in the middle faces the rear man and you establish a distance to travel and time it.

It's always hilarious to watch and fun to pit different clubs against each other.

Beware,this ain't a game for old farts,,your gonna fall! :eek: HRP