Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What era are you stuck in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jul 15, 2020.

1. -Brent-

-Brent-

1958 to the mid/late 60s excites me most. Innovation, fast cars, style, personalities... it really was the culmination/pinnacle of the preceding eras.

Starts with this:

Screenshot_20200718-143133_Dropbox.jpg

dana barlow and Stogy like this.
  2. One thing about these remember when kind of threads... I keep remembering
    stuff I had forgotten or hadn't thought about for years!
    Case in point. I got to thinking more about the paint thing.
    Seems my Dad was always using Dupont Heavy Duty Rubbing Compound (green tin)
    on the older cars he bought to bring back the shine. (the old adage "that will rub out!")
    When I was in Jr High '64 I found a '35 Chevy 3 window coupe in "original black"
    and like 30,000 original miles. To me it was gorgeous, shined all over, but the coolest
    thing to me was the hood and fenders had been buffed so many times the original primer
    showed through. In my head that meant "Original". Today I still go crazy when I see
    a car with buffed out original paint!
    Again my $.02!
    And no I couldn't afford to buy it!

dan griffin likes this.
  3. Born late '63, so all things Cold war and Atomic float my boat. House filled with MCM furnishings and my '64 Olds 98 Coupe parked in driveway. Just like the Madmen TV show. Also as of late, been on a early 70's kick. Find myself up at 2am watching reruns of Mannix. Joe Mannix and his secretary Peggy(meow!), were cool as a cucumber.

4. 1949 to 1959, when mags were in guns and hubcaps were on cars, full moons were the thing in hubcaps.

dan griffin and J_J2 like this.
  5. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1967. Hot Rods were still everywhere. They were taking advantage of the muscle car wars with their more powerful engine swaps and more available Chrome and mag wheels. The also GTOs and 442s and Factory horse power everywhere. Just before 1968 when the world went to heck.
    I grew up with my brothers model car and hot rod magazines scattered everywhere and was thoroughly indoctrinated

-Brent- likes this.
  6. dan griffin

dan griffin

Charter member NHRA, took my test for my drivers license and the cop ask me if I was one of those Hot Rodders and I replied No sir officer. Been lying through my teeth ever since. The 50s were the best years for street racing. The law hadn't clamped down yet.

7. Born in '66. I'd love to go back to that year and hang out.
    upload_2020-7-20_5-16-54.png
    How about a Porterhouse steak for three bucks?
    Probably lots of cherry '57's on the used car lots. Also lots of up and coming bands and performers to capture on a Brownie camera.

LAROKE and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  8. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. Boatmark

Boatmark

Not stuck in any era. I love the cars that fit within the HAMB parameters, but I just love cars, and boats, and motorcycles, and anything with a motor from most any era. My dream garage would contain the years 1928, 1932, 1936, 1956, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1969, 1970,1972, 1977, 1979, 1986, and some recent model stuff. Some years would be multiple different cars. Most would be Hot Rod, some Resto-Mod, and some full restorations. If you knew what each of those was it would have no rhyme or reason, other than just things I like.

Its all about Fun-With-Cars!

clunker likes this.
  10. jaxx

jaxx

1955 to 1962 with a side of 1967 - Im sure that those years had problems but nothing like what we are going thru now - just my thought - jaxx

dan griffin likes this.
  11. The 50’s and 60’s, they were the best of times.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

dan griffin likes this.
  12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

My mind is stuck in a era when you can get stuff cheap then reality sets in.