Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical what doors fit my 59 wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59 brook, Jun 19, 2014.

1. 59 brook

59 brook

i was wondering if any knows what else besides a 1959 4 door brookwood wagon can i use the rear drivers side door from? thanks

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

You mention it is a "Brookwood".......I don't think the trim level is a factor, and perhaps you know that already. What I am suggesting is, any '59 Chevy 4 door wagon left rear door should fit. Also, I would look closely at a 4 door sedan door as well. It MAY be that the door, below the beltline is the same as the wagon and only the upper door frame differs. If that is the case, the upper door frame could be used from the wagon door.

This is speculation on my part, I admit, but may open up additional options if a wagon door is unavailable.

EDIT: I just googled photos of '59 sedans and wagons and the doors look the same below the beltline. The upper frame and glass are the most obvious differences.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  3. 59 brook

59 brook

well the car should be home tomm and i can check the upper frame but the glass seemed to be okay

4. squirrel

squirrel

Hollanders says 59 chevy wagon is all by itself.

5. oldwood

oldwood
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from arkansas

I have a '59 or maybe its a '60 wagon parts car. FYI

6. oldwood

oldwood
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from arkansas

I just checked my parts for sale on this site and mine is a '60 wagon that I'm parting out. From what people are saying is that the '59 is a 1 year only on that door.

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Squirrel, I would expect that Hollanders would show it by itself, but as far as I know, they only list direct interchanges, or those requiring very minimal mods, at best. What I am suggesting as a potential alternative requires a bit more work than Hollanders allows for, but would be no problem to do if the lower door is the same for both wagon and sedan.

8. squirrel

squirrel

I know....you can piece together a door from a couple of donors.

9. 59 brook

59 brook

looks like i need a drivers side 1/4 panel also

10. I'm going to a local yard tomorrow morning,,I don't remember seeing a 59 wagon the last time I was there but then again I wasn't looking for one,,I'll ask. HRP

11. 59 brook

59 brook

that would be greatly appreciated hrp

12. I ask the guys at the yard and they told me they don't think they have ever had a 59 Chevy wagon so I can't help. HRP