Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Does Your H.A.M.B. ID Mean?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RagtopBuick66, May 18, 2012.

1. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

OK, we just saw a rather successful thread about your H.A.M.B. avatars, but what does your ID mean? There was some sort of thought process going on when you filled out the membership page, whether it was the first thing that came to your mind, something cryptic, something that says a little about who you are, or maybe something you plucked from a favorite song, right?

Mine just happens to be the ID I use for just about damn near everything, from my eBay ID to the login name I use with my cell phone provider website. I'm a Buick guy at heart, always have been, always will be, and until I get my '58 Roadmaster (SOMEDAY), my OT '66 Special ragtop (quite a rare car) was the favorite car I've owned (though we parted ways many moons ago). I use the same ID over and over because I have a ton of stuff going on at any one given time, and by keeping it the same wherever I go it is one less thing I have to keep sorted out in my head, leaving more room to store part interchanges and figuring out how I'm going to fix something rather than having to buy a new one. :eek:

So how did you decide how everyone on the H.A.M.B. would come to know YOU?

2. I just like the sound of it. Guess I'm kind of like Levon, who named his child Jesus because he liked the name. :D

3. squirrel

squirrel

4. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Now see? That's what I'm looking for. Until you explained it, porknbeaner, my first assumption was that it had something to do with the cost of our hobby! When I was in the military and living off-base, pork n beans was a staple of my diet due to the lack of funds for any REAL food. (Though, ironically, I always managed to find beer money...) I assumed it referred to the cost of funding a build versus eating a steak. (Trust me, I'm there now, and my ID should be "TopRamen" or "DamnitSpaghettiWithButterAgain!?!", Lol...)

Great starter. Thanks amigo!

5. A23

A23
    from Hollywood

Mine's short for Academy 23...an obscure reference to a chapter in a long out of print Burroughs book.

For further info- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_enigma

Just don't fall into the rabbit hole!

6. Fenders

Fenders

I was "that guy with the coupe" and my avatar was my first rod (fenderless A coupe). Current A coupe has fenders, so.......

Attached Files:

7. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Well, I think you just helped me name my OT drag car! 23 Skidoo (time to leave while the gettin's good...) it is..! LOL

8. It means the one I wanted was taken and I was all out of imagination that day

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I got a fever! And the only cure is more T Buckets!

10. Acctually porknbeaner is a reference to racers that were non sponsored, if they won they ate steak if the lost it was porknbeans.

There is more to it than that but that is a simple explaination without getting personal.

11. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

I tried to ask out a hot Latin chick in college and she patted my head and said "no no, poor perro rojo, no no.." I didn't know what it meant at the time.

12. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

At the time when I joined HAMB I was a patched member of BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) road name Grizz.

13. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

on old old name for my buis, tried to change it as the name changed, but admin never responded to my request. as for the yeti part, it was an old nickname.....

14. Skam213

Skam213

mine (skam) was a nickname given to me years ago by a close friend, and the name i went by for 15 years in the Tattoo world.... and 213.....Jeffrey Dahmers apt # at the time he was arrested......I know, I know.....a little macabre.

15. henry29

henry29

My name and the year of my model a roadster.

16. silversink

silversink

the wife tells me all the time I get things given to me in a Silver Sink ------ It fits I guess

17. Fenders

Fenders

More cowbell !!!!

18. fsae0607

fsae0607

In college, my senior design project was a 1/2-scale formula 1 race car. It was organized by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). My senior year was from fall '06 through spring '07. So my name "fsae0607" is: Formula SAE 2006-2007.

Fun design/manufacturing/competition project.

19. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Mine is the name of my 55 chevy gasser. I strive to be different...

20. I was thinking about changing my name to danglingtenderloin but no one would believe me.

21. Fenders

Fenders

for those who like numbers:
    How about one less number: catch-22 ?
    (And it ain't taken !!)

22. fsae0607

fsae0607

haha she sounds like Consuela from Family Guy with the "no, no..." :D

23. sqhd

sqhd

Mines from my German background, squarehead, although some people think it's squid.:eek:

24. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I recognize that tail end in your avatar! Man, do I miss that car... My FIRST car was a '66 Special hardtop. Miss that one too!

25. sqhd

sqhd

Yea, love the Buick. It's a 67 Skylark.

26. The hotrodprimer moniker got hung on me back in the early 70's by my fellow club members for my penchant of constantly building cars with the finish coat being nothing more than primer. HRP

27. Well.... You read it and then you tell me!

28. gwr1800

gwr1800

Mine is based on my other passion besides cars.... Use if for a lot of things just so I have less to remember.

gwr1800 - Goldwing Rider 1800cc

29. Model T1

Model T1

MODEL T
    Every forum I go to and when I first signed up for an email address I discovered there was already someone using MY name, Model T. So, as I wandered around joining car, bike, and other sites, I used whatever variation of Model T worked.
    I worked in a large factory back in the dark ages. Most guys didn't use their own names. There was Shorty, Fatty, Slim, Farmer, Whitey,and so on! I had a very important job shipping and recieving dies and fixtures to be repaired. My desk was up near the front of a large building where many employees walked past.
    During the rare times I took a coffee break, talked to guys about parts, old cars, or discussed Government jobs for my Model T. Others began calling me Model T. Eventually I started driving a big ole truck for the company. Needed a CB handle to become an official trucker. I just used Model T. Became semi-famous on the highways of the midwest.
    When I finally got into this internet crap I tried Model T for my e-mail address. Added stuff till I ended up with Catmodelt. Worked good since I had driven for Cat.
    At the time i was way to young to be called a Model T. Now I fit right in but no longer have my Model T.
    And that's the rest of the story!:D

As fore the avatar post and reason for mine. Duh! Live in Florida and drive those two cars.

30. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

From the Blues Brothers..."there goes that shit box dodge"...it had a better ring to it than "shitboxplymouth" which is what I drive...

Regarding 23 skidoo...anyone ever check out that movie...Jackie Gleason on acid...scary!!!