Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does everyone do for a living???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemizach, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyrodder

skyrodder

I work for AT&T doing Installations for U-verse TV and U-verse Internet... I make enough to live ok check by check.. when i get good OT i buy car parts.. There will be a new contract in April and hopefully more money for all of us Techs.. and Alot more parts for my 54

2. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

can my wife and i get one of those films ? ? ? I will trade you one of me ! ! Ha Ha

3. wrecker55

wrecker55

If I told you I would have to terminate you:eek:

4. I was wondering if there was a truck driver on here. I brought an 18 wheeler from CO to FL one time and had more fun that should be allowed. I imagine if I had to do it everyday though it would be a whole different deal.

5. oldsman71

oldsman71

machine builder for hix corp!

6. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

U.S. ARMY
    And student for now.

7. Electronics technician, RF tower climber for military contractor....Love that "gubment cheese"....

8. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

I highly recommend being retired like I am after 27 yrs. working for an insurance co. However I did get a little bored and started working part time as a bra fitting consultant ( not the kind for old car fenders) and amatuer gynecologist.

9. Caretaker of the 41

Caretaker of the 41

They drove me to kindegarden in a big truck, let me beep the horn and shift the gears. After that it was all I wanted to do!......been racing PETERBUILTS for 31years and enjoyed every mile!

10. brewsir

brewsir

Male stripper...I work at night so I can play with cars during the day...and the lighting is so bad the chicks can't see the greasy hands and nails!!

11. Heckler

Heckler
    from Austin, TX

Facilities Manager at the University of Texas at Austin.

I LOVE it. I would highly recommend working in higher education; very down to earth people......

12. autobilly

autobilly

Yet another stinkin' Grease-monkey, oh, I mean Automotive Technician.

13. johnboy94

johnboy94

Shithauler....Nuff said, of course I tell the strippers and the neighbors I am in the environmental service business...
    Being self employed has it's benifits, today not so good 2nd $5000 ECM out on a truck in 16 months.
    Tonight I can drink vodka and sleep in.
    Being the boss is great, I just need to diversify.
    Just looking for the next opportunity!

BTW for the auto guys I spent a couple of years as an Engineer in a GM plant. Glad I got out before the bailout.

Johnboy

14. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

EXACTLY why my old man told me to not become a mechanic. He said that I'd get so tired of working on other peoples shit that I wouldn't want to work on my own shit. But I'm sure it's something you enjoy doing and that's what matters.

15. haymaker

haymaker
    from Enid, OK

Transmission guy. Strictly domestic automatics. Its a family owned business just my grandpa, my dad, and me. (plus our secratary who might as well be family) Started when I was old enough to push a broom. Now do all of the rebuilding. Went to college for a year and a half, but that sucked. A little caution about the auto industry, my dad hates to work on his own vehicles. He says that he works on everyone elses shit all day and will be damned if he is gonna work on his own after hours. Just a thought.

Mack's Transmission est 1965

16. moter

moter

Sometimes I wish my Dad had told me the same thing

17. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Teacher of severe emotionally disturbed students. I'm certified to be an administrator, but don't know if I want to do that with the red tape and nonsense of No Child Left Behind.

18. Jim Rockford

Jim Rockford
    from Va.

I can agree with that don't be a tech shit, I was a tech for 5 years, got to the point I wouldn't even go out to the garage, when I joined the navy as a aircraft strutures mechanic I got back into my own cars, and been in em ever since, now I'm a freight conductor for CSX(Crash Spill and Xplode) and I got plenty of time, just not enough money..lol damn union.

19. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Echo?

20. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

Golf Professional

21. k9racer

k9racer

You do have one very good advantage. While on duty you can look for old cars and parts. Who going to screw with a cop. Also great for people trying to get on you good side and telling you about old cars.. I have a few friends on the local police force who have done this for many years. Plus they do not have to buy gas.. I will post what I do later..

22. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

So you're the jerk who's responsible for the fact my T.V. and internet only works half of the time.. :D

I currently sell my own bodily fluids, when not doing that male prostitution gets me by.

I could really really use a real job though..

23. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

I work 2 jobs currently. By day I am a Meineke shop manager (got my first paycheck today, after 17 years away from that business), by night I am still a real estate broker (just got 2 offers in and 2 new listing appointments for this Sunday), employing a couple of agents in my office in addition to myself.

With what time is left I mess around with race car chassis building and crew on a nostalgia funny car that I occasionally get to take for a spin too :)

Al (sleep is overrated) in CT

24. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Shepherd

B:eek::eek:B

25. Sounds glamorous and all, but how do your hands smell after a hard days work?

26. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

I own a Restoration/Custom Paint shop with 3 top-notch employees. (The kind of crew that I only wish I had 30 years ago) I also do hand-lettering and pinstriping (I've owned a sign shop since 1978, also)

27. Gerg

Gerg

I fix broken computers for the wobbly sow

28. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

You should move an hour south and set up shop in San Antonio. More people, less competition.

As for me, I piss people off all day long by taking their water and telling them that a walk through metal detector with detect the man-hole-cover-sized-belt buckle they're wearing and the $5 in nickles they have in their pockets for the Transportation Security Administration.

29. Psychoholic

Psychoholic

Geek.

(IT Manager for a webhosting company)

30. MLK

MLK

I supervise locomotive engineers for the largest railroad in the United States.

I do efficiency testing and check rides on them.

I am on duty 24/7 for derailments, crossing accidents, etc...I am the guy who downloads the information from the event recorders (black box) on the locomotives.

I can retire in January 2010 and am looking forward to that.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.