Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does everyone do for a living???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemizach, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I take things from my parents.

2. Hemizach

Hemizach

Wow, I came on here this afternoon to see if anyone had answered my post and got more to read than I thought I would have! Thanks all for sharing.

3. rusty48

rusty48

I do everything possible to help my wife get to work everyday.

4. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

I own a shop here in Spokane called the TimeBomb. I sell everything from Vintage Toys to Old Cruiser Bikes to art prints by Weesner, John Bell, and Jeff Allison. I also rent out 2 areas to a couple of friends, one sells music here and the other has a book section w/ everything from Hotrods, pinups girls, comix and weird sci-fi. I tell ya nothins better than being your own boss!

5. screwshiney

screwshiney

ha cool, i had a feeling someone on here had to have a diesel truck:D

thanks man.

6. I cooda been a millionaire, but I'm jus a welder. I build T buckets and harass everyone selling them parts they don't really want. I think they buy them as a favor to me cuz I'm so freekin' pitiful...... Mikey

Attached Files:

7. I sell big truck, trailer and pickup acc. for a living. The big truck part kinda influanced my truck build.

8. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

Retired Accountant

9. BEAR

BEAR

Im a loser/ pinstripier !!! take a look at all the stuff i have on here for sale!!!

10. Paul B

Paul B

Drove trucks 35 years last 12 hauling heavy equipment. got sick of driving . now i work in the parts room at our companies repair facility (SWEET)

11. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Freelance Animator/Designer/Editor with current projects with speedtv and foxsportsnet (worked with NBC,CBS,TNN, in the past). I also do broadcast commercials. Any one need a 30sec commercial?

12. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

13. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

Sign Fabricator. I love what i do. pay could be better. I want my own shop....when im ready.

Just finished this. Miniature scoreboard for a sports bar chain. 8' long, 5.5 feet tall, 4 - 50" Plasma TVs. Weighs in at about 1200 lbs. A lot bigger than it looks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  14. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Just Rockin' and a Rollin'... :D

[​IMG]

15. Cshabang

Cshabang

Well, I did the Ford ASSET out of H/S...worked as a Ford Tech until I was 21 (grew to hate cars) went onto CNC machining, but when I got accepted to Wyotech, out went that idea..haha after graduating Wyotech, I became a fabricator at Rolling Bones (left in 07 after 2 years). Now I'm a production fabricator and do cars and such on the side... Once I buy a house, I'll get more serious about the part time gig

16. full time "Diesel Fitter" from New Jersey,,,,part time "Wine Maker" when the grapes are in season.....but mostly work with very "Hot and Steamy Stuff"

Attached Files:

17. moter

moter

Automotive mechanic...been at it 28 years

18. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

Retired sweet corn picker.

19. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

hot rod shop making a living sometimes feast or famin.

20. 48reo

48reo

welding for the last 12 years, light wheel vehicle mechanic in the 82nd ABN before that for a few years but recently added press brake operator making rollpans and tailskins at a local custom truck parts warehouse(where I have worked for the last 4 yrs)

21. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Managed an auto repair business for 10+ years. Owned my own repair shop for 7 years. Sold out for one of those "you can't refuse" offers. Bankrolled a bunch and relocated family to a warmer climate. Now I work for someone else buildin hot rods. Pay is great. Life is good.

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Yes there is .... :)
    Being retired ...
    :D

I was a bowling " alley pin setting machine " mechanic, then ran a lathe and gear cutting machines for a few years. Went to work for the government for 29 years as a sign shop co-ordinator and now retired.

23. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

i am a heavy equipment repairman and welder. i used to do big money fab for a well known shop here in il after busting my ass up the ladder to get that job.. started out as a mechanic then started learning the body work and fab.. i hate hate hate doing body work. it sucks even if you can book a hundred hours in a 40 hour week. most guys will tell you that youll make a living but you wont get rich doin cars..

24. Brian C

Brian C

Work for the Natural Gas Co as a System Operator running the whole shebang.

Basically I pass gas for a living

25. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

26. Nope, never made it there, would have liked to though. Mostly in the south east and Washington DC a few to Mexico and Central America.

27. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

28. Shit Hot !!!!!

29. Started out as a club and radio DJ in the late '70s (also did commercial production and a bit in sales), then spent 20 years in the AF flying all over hell, had a trailer business for a bit, now I'm an aircrew instructor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.