Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does 4 bolt mean?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Nov 17, 2011.

1. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Fred we are never to old to learn and asking questions is a way to learn.

2. See what did I tell ya.

Old fart you're as tough as any of us friend. Ask what ever crosses your mind, we'll flip crap at you while we are asnwering your question, you flip us off and everyone will be happy. Well almost everyone.

yea but do you have a nine incher. :D

I know this had nothing to do with the thread but Oldfart has already flipped everyone off so I get to tell a story if I want.

The wife and I were at a cruise up in St Jo about 10 years ago (when we were still middle aged ;)). I was driving a light weight late model with a small block. I was talking to one of the fellas from up that way about it and he asked what it had for a rear end. I told him that I had a 9 incher, and there was this lady a little older than us well dressed standing near by who looked over and rolled her eyes at me. :eek: The missus who is pretty quick on the draw looked her way and said "Now honey, that's just braggin."

Every one teased me all day about that. I was so hurt by it. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. This is what I expect from the HAMB, not all that mamby pamby "oh we gotta be nice to each other" (hear me in my best sarcastic voice) I don't know everything and I never will but if someone gives me crap about a question this monkey will throw it back! :D

4. You still won't know everything, they keep changing everything. But with a good attitude like you have you will know a whole helluva lot more than someone who still needs to be spoon fed.

I don't understand it, some one out there must have sent out the message that this is the TOUCHY FEELY MESSAGE BOARD. This really isn't a group theropy session where we are all trying to get in touch with our feelings, we are just a bunch of old rodders trying to keep rodding alive. Our maner is not always the most gentle, but we are honest and with us what you see is what you get.

I look at it this way, at least I am not throwing a creasnt wrench at someone. I do have the cresent that helped me learn a lot of things. ;)

OK so much for the soap box, like I said with your attitude you will go far.

5. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

This place is like a Frat House, sometimes like Animal House. Good thing is, for every snide remark there's always a counterbalance.

What's a counterbalance?

6. HAAAAA! ALRIGHT!! Good for you oldfart! I love this place.:D

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Maybe it's just me, but I think the mentality that we have to treat people like crap sometimes to toughen them up and test their metal in some "rite of passage" is pretty sophmoric. I outgrew that kind of thinking in high school. I would rather treat someone how I would like to be treated under the same circumstances.

Thankfully, there are enough people on here that seem to share that view to make it enjoyable. Those are the folks I come here to visit. :)

Don

8. pitman

pitman

Heh, I'm still lookin' fer one! (image of one)
    she'll be on a seesaw. or an ice cream parlor stool.

9. striptnut

striptnut

Porknbeaner nobodys askin' for a TOUCHY FEELY MESSAGE BOARD and I myself dont need to be spoon fed but ya gotta admit there are some STUPID remarks to some very simple questions on this board.
    Without sounding like a "buttkiss".Ive read alot of your replys to alot of questions here and I have to say its some of the best tech advise ive read on this board. You do "know your shit". But then on a different thread you found a "post rumble" to be "all entertaining" Some dont log on to this site to be entertained some log on to learn from all these wrenchers this site has managed to cram into one website. Not asking for a GROUP HUG in the end just a freakin' answer to a question.
    Again this is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

10. Don,
    Normally I wouldn't say anything out of respect for you and I wish that you don't take this disrespectfully but your inability to except people the way that they are makes you appear rather immature or sophomoric.

The world is full of people that want everyone to conform to the way that they think is best. Some of them bomb things, others beat them over the head with their form of religion, some of them just pay them less or remove them from employment because they do not conform to their way of thinking.

Hell I suppose that I am just as bad, I don't think you should hang a late model suspension in place of a traditional suspension.

No matter how much we would all like others to act they way that we deem best it is not going to happen. Some of us just refuse to be anyone other than who we are.

Everyone here has every right in the world to be as nice as they think is acceptable, but no one has any more right in the world to think less of someone for being ornery than the ornery ones have a right to think less of the people that are not.

A long time ago a musician put it this way: "White collar conservative pointing your plastic finger at me, I'm the one that has to die when it is time for me to die, so why don't you let me live my life the way that I want to."

I can't speak for everyone that posted on the thread nor would I want to but I can say that any ribbing that I gave out was just that ribbing. I know that I am not what everyone in the world would like me to be, I have been getting that for nearly 60 years. But I am who I am, with me you will always know where you stand. I am no different in my driveway than I am on the internet. Perhaps I am not always nice, at the very least no one ever has to wonder what I am thinking.

Stripnut,
    It wouldn't matter to me if you were Don Garlits if you were not one to voice your opinion even if it one that I don't agree with I would have no repect for you at all. Hell if you told me you thought that I was a total S$@&t head it would gain you more respect than if you just bit your tongue.

I think that is my point and maybe it is a touchy feely thing in the end that I believe that everyone should be who they are and no one should get that het up about it. I figure it aint personal until they say something about about your mom.

Don't get me wrong, some things are said in pure meaness. Those things are wrong I know it and you know it. I will be the first to step up or have been on those occaisions. Never the less just plain horse play is just that, its just plain horse play.

Edit:.................................................................................................................

This is sure a long way from what's a 4 bolt isn't it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  11. A Rodder

A Rodder

All I know is I sure feel better talking about it all:D

There is a little bit everything here and that is just right with me.

When I was young, before even driving, I would here 350 small block.
    So with that description I was led by my own to believe there then must be a 350 big block. Nope just ignorance, not stupidity. There is a big difference. Ignorance used to not be an derogatory term, it meant unknowing.

Now I am just a little less ignorant.:eek:

12. Fenders

Fenders

Nothing wrong with ignorance, that is curable (with an injection of information).
    You are correct about stupidity -- an incurable disease.

13. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Ignorance is only skin deep, stupid goes to the bone.

14. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Beaner...you're a S$@&t head...Respect.:)
    I think you summed up the issue,being an asshole isn't warranted but having a bit of fun is ok,the only problem is some people don't realise they are complete dickwads and think their answers are smart.
    I blame it on the parents.;)

15. 52Poncho

52Poncho

Agree with Beaner!
    Is this the HAMB or Ann Landers????

If the answers is a 4 bolt main cap is better, is a strapped 2bolt main cap better than a 2 bolt main cap? Just food for thought. :)
    Seems that there are always different ways to do things depending on your perspective and everyone has a different idea on how to solve them.

16. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Hey! The OP asked a question. He got an answer. And some good natured ribbing along with it. If that was to tough for him maybe he should look to some other venue for his answers. He got what he wanted. He should ignore the rest if it bothers him. As should the rest of us.

17. lesabre59

lesabre59

Actually its "Why did the MAN cross the road?" ....

Because he heard the CHICKEN was a slut!

18. Deuces

Deuces

I sheeeeeeet you not!... They got 4 bolts mounted the usual way and they're cross bolted like the side oiler 427's.... Maybe it the other way around???:confused: But anyway, they are 6 bolt mains... In an all aluminum block..

19. That's just because they couldn't figure out a way to make 'em 8 bolt mains. :D

I know it is against some kind of a rule but what engine is that? I vaguely reading about something newer with cross bolted mains a while back but I don't recall what it was.

20. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

the question was answered on the first page..... the next 5 are all drama, close this shit

21. Deuces

Deuces

It's the motor in my '05 Mustang GT 300 hp 4.6L V-8...

22. tedster

tedster

Exactly. How can something like this go on this long. Please close this.

23. Group hug first!

24. Deuces

Deuces

Man, go read something else! :mad:

25. tedster

tedster

I was not referring to your posts. But you are right enough of this shit back to the shop.

26. bottom line is the op had his question answered and i'm glad he he recieved some bullshit or i personally would have missed out on a great laugh: that "fuck you" baby pic rocks! damm near funny as mutley's responses and he is one funny muther!

27. Thumper

Thumper

What??..........no s'mores??........no singing of Kumbuya??...LMAO:D:D

If you wanna know something...ask a Hamber..

28. And even if you don't, he'll tell you anyway!:D

29. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

MAN you guys still beatin this dead horse , you guys were hammering this guy this morning , this is some funny shit tho

30. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

I think the question about the 2 and 4 bolt mains is answered,But why not elighten to Two bolt mains are surfficent for everything normal and will last the longest for everyday driveing and capable of high mileage.Four bolt is much stronger but not as forgiving as a two bolt.My favorite is the two bolt drilled for four bolts which is called splayed the other two you drill is on an angle making in my opinion stronger torsionally.Joe Don't kill it's what I perfer.