Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do your neighbors think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Preacher, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

i know my neighbors here in the highbrow least coast think that they are pretty special...

i do my best to work fast and try to make as little noise as possible... but sometimes stuff needs rearranged or cleaned out, and it looks like a junk yard...

whoops, i had the day off so i decided to shuffle some projects... as it turned out the house next to us is for sale. as the realtor rounded the corner, i could pretty much read her lips as i glanced and saw the perspective buyers following her in their car.

so im curious what do your neighbors think of your habits

Attached Files:

2. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Better to have the potential new neighbors find out right up front what you are all about, rather than surprize them later!

3. Classic.....i Know How Ya Feel ..... My Neighbors See My Cars ..my Friends Cars .... See Trailers Come And Go With Old " Junk" ... And I Wake Them Up Early When Im Goin On A Road Trip .. A Few Of Them Drive By And Stare .. But For The Most Part They Keep Quiet ..

4. My neighbors don't mind, not so much that they've ever mentioned. I snow blow their drives and sidewlaks in the winter, watch their houses when they're gone, keep my lawn mowed and my property neat - what's to mind.

They seem to get a kick out of the revolving door of old cars that have come and gone through the years. They'll stop over while walking their dogs and check out the newest pile o' rust. I fix their kids bikes every once in a while and teach those who want to learn what little I know.

I shut down work at 9:00 PM and start no earier than 9:00 AM and try to keep the unsightly stuff out of sight so we all get along just fine.

You know, now that I look at your pictures I can see why they may not like you. Let me come over and haul all that "junk" away so you can make nice-nice with them again...;)

5. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

My landlord is next door, with three variations of Corvair, a boat and a fully opened pop-up camper - all in front of the house. Not including the two cars and cycle and his garage and the family drivers that actually move.

As long as I am less nutty than that guy, I should be OK...

6. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

Keep them hidden until the house sells and hopefully they get big bucks out of it. That way the property values will remain higher so when you go to sell your house you're better off.

My neighbor's house is for sale. Funny they hardly ever talk to us. I wonder why they're leaving?

7. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Some neighbors I am sure don't like it while others LOVE IT. I do my best to give neither of them any reasons to give me trouble and I think over the years they have learned it's better to leave me alone. Sorta like a hybernating bee's nest. The neighbors who are nice - I try to help out when I can and they do the same for me. Those who arn't nice - well I ain't no ass kissing politician either - live and let live.
    In the end they probably all think I am a little nuts - but that's ok 'cause maybe I am.

8. What the story on the coupe body?... ...For Sale? :D

9. Bern_29

Bern_29

My neighbours all thought i was nuts driving around "in that old thing", until one afternoon, one by one tokk em all for a spin, now they all wanna know when their next ride is. Since then they don't seem to mind me firing the beast up at ungodly hours of the morning getting ready for a run or a show.

10. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

I got great neighbors, we look out for each other plus one is a Hamber.

11. LongT

LongT

When I rolled mine out and started it for the first time they clapped and cheered!

12. rebstew187

rebstew187

most of mine act like its cool my cars sit out on the street.when I bring something new home its like the carnival has came to town. they have to come and check it out.I know at least one doesn't like it 'cause he or she keeps keying my month old new paint job. oh well.

13. It may take a while but lay the floor in the back seat until they do it again - then jump out. SURPRISE!!!!:eek:

14. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I'm pretty lucky in that 2 of my neighbors are relatives and the others close by don't mind. There is also a guy down the street (I live in a cul-de-sac) who drives his hopped-up Dodge Dart down the street about 10 times a day during the summer....so I'm of little concern to them. I try to keep the noise down late (close the garage doors!) and have had zero complaints. Of course I always invite them over for beer and burgers a couple times a year and remind them if I ever do keep them awake to just tell me....I'll knock it off.

Bil

15. repoguy

repoguy

Motion sensor activated security cams are getting cheaper and cheaper. Get their ass on film and make them pay for a repaint.

16. Gator

Gator

I have pretty cool neighbors. Next door is a 'brother' firefighter, across the street is a deputy sherrif, and the guy on the other side is an old drag racer.

I do like OldcarMike said, I keep reasonable hours keep my place up and try and keep the 'junk' out of sight.

I'm always happy to air up a tire or tighten up the seat on the neighbor kids' bicycles, they know I'm a 'car guy' and I think it builds good will.

17. guy at the end of the road told my mates daughter ` I fucking hate that car` just as i rolled outta the drive.....she told me what he said....so i tend to open it up as i turn round at the end of the road...even though i dont need to really go down there to turn around.......he just doesn`t understand

monkey

18. KustomSkylark

KustomSkylark

Looks closer to a goldmine than a junkyard.

19. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

ditto

It's my neighbors who I can't stand. Pricks startin' their loud vehicles up every morning at 4 and 5 'o clock, parking in front of my house, throwing their garbage in the street, letting their eight kids terrorize the neighborhood, etc. :mad: guy across the street is a timebomb- one of these days he's gonna go postal. I hear him out there all day and night screaming and yelling, throwing tools, etc. I stay clear of him. Other neighbors try to come by mooching this and that, and say stupid stuff like, "hehehe now I know who to steal tools from when I need them, haha just kidding." Yeah, right. I keep to myself and keep all the work in the garage, the lawn mowed, and nobody can say nothin'. Except of course the looks when the trailer pulls up with another pile of jagged rusty sheetmetal surrounding what once used to be a motor and frame..........

20. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Two of my neighbors get along with me. There into bikes and like my choppers. The rest of the neighbors think I'm Nuts. That is ok with me they let me alone. Maybe its the Army Sniper flag I fly out in front of my house. "one shot, one kill"

21. markanthony

markanthony

In the complex where we live it's 5 little houses all on a long lot with one driveway. My closest neighbors' garage butts up against ours...and it's turned into a "live and let live" place where it used to be really cool...

My old neighbors were great... the wife told me that she would move her car anytime I wanted to work on the cars and have extra space, the husband was great too, just wanted to learn and understand what I was doing...even got him excited about buying something

Fast forward 6 months and these new neighbors... Fortunately I was out there spraying sparks when they and the landlord pulled up to see and show the place. The landlord came over and shot the breeze for about 30 minutes before showing them the place (kind of re-assured me where I stood with him) but the dirty looks on their faces were great, kind of like someone stepped in something and it's been that way ever since... well, after the first week... now they stay on their side (and keep their kids there!) stay the hell out of my garage when I'm working inside; he nearly got a wrench in his face coming in @ 11pm (late night reaction) to "borrow something" (a perpetual theme) and we stay on ours and live our lives the way we want to with the exception that I cannot leave the garage open while I go in for dinner or to kiss the little ones good night.

It's odd but the only real downside to the new neighboors is I can't park my car in front of the garage for fear that the new girl next door will utilize her driving skills or lack thereof, to give me a couple extra body lines like she's done to both fences and nearly every body panel on her car.

Just like family, you can't choose your neighbors, unless you're the landlord :)

22. I try to be a good neighbor, but my neighbors don't get it...

About a month ago, on a Tuesday of all days, I was sanding the boards in the back of my truck. It was about 11:00 am and I had been doing it for about a half an hour. I had the electric sander going - minding my own business. I hear this bam, bam, bam, bam, bam - probably about thirty times all at a steady rythm. I finally shut off the sander and the pounding stops. I start it back up and the pounding starts again. It sounded like someone hammering. I'm thinking to my self "that carpenter is either really, really good or really, really bad". Finally I stop again to see if I can see who is making all the noise and I hear this 80 year old neighbor of mine go "you about done!?!". I say "you talkin' to me?" She yells "Yeah, trying to watch the View, and you're vibrating my whole house!"

23. Truckedup

Truckedup

I don't have any close neighbors,ya can't see my house from the road,and I can't see them.This way they might think I'm an asshole,but don't know for sure.

24. G9mickey

G9mickey

My neighbors are cool, I painted my truck in the drive way and nobody said a thing ( at least to my face :) ).

25. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I wanna be your neighbor.

[​IMG]

26. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

I killed all my neighbors and buried them in the backyard! Real nice and quiet now.:D Just kidding.
    My neighbors have all been pretty cool but some speculator is building a "million dollar" spec house next door in the empty lot (20 years). So I have this feeling things are gonna' be changing.:mad: -stick

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

I only have three neighbors and they're car guys. They always stop by when I'm working in the garage. Still, I'm VERY conscious of noise and clutter. I close the garage door if I'm going to grind for any length of time and try not to leave any parts outside for more than a day or so.

28. topless54

topless54

my dog killed my neighbors for me...
    before that my neighbor said quote " it's your fu**ing yard keep whatever you sant back there." i don't think the other neighbors like us much

29. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I am two steps on water from being Jesus Jr. I mow lawns (no trimming, just what I can do on my lawn tractor) for $5.00-$10.00 each, just to cover my gas money. I help them find best deals on used cars, I help them sell cars for a small fee, I remove old appliances from the roadside and take to shredder, do portable welding cheap to fix fences, etc. Take them to grocery store with me. I don't suck up, just try to be a helpful neighbor. Trust me, when I fire up a new engine I get a crowd of spectators and many neighbors actually have interest in my stuff since the TV shows have gained popularity!

30. studhud

studhud

My neighbors dont seem to mind the cars so much but when I Busted out the 12 guage on the lawn the cops were there in 5 minutes! I think my neighbor just got even though as least week he brought home a donkey that f@##^% thing is load as shit pisses me off actually. I think I'll have to cap some rounds Sat morning LTR Dave