Register now to get rid of these ads!

what do you think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sic-nic, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Holy shit, you are right! I was gonna hold back comments about radials, block huggers, big chrome alternators, electric fans, taillights, etc., because I thought he was making steps in the right direction. How can so many be here for any period of time and not get it?

2. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Yeah, the steelys with rings & caps look waaay bettter IMHO! Agreed, the rear on the steely set might be just a touch taller, but the rear on the modulars might be a tad too wide. Just my 2-bits worth, don't ya know...

3. big bad john

big bad john

.....Thumbs Up^^^^^^^^^

4. rld14

rld14

Wait, you went TO those chrome wheels? That's going from traditional to Lady Gaga. Sorry man, but that's a fail. Car looks 80s-tastic. Just my opinion tho, it ain't my car.

5. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Wow that really makes a difference. Amazing what a tire and wheel change does for a car. Went from the 80s streetrod look to a nice traditional look.

6. sic-nic

sic-nic

o.k. let me straighten this out. i took off the chrome what ever they are and put on the steelies, rings and caps. the rear tires on the car now are taller and wider than the tires with the chrome rims. as far as to much space on the front end might be because i have 14" tires on the front. wide whites are in my future but can only do so much. thanks for the input guys.

7. My vote is for the steelies, and to pinstripe a thin ring (color of the car) around the edge of the rim. Maybe do away with the trim rings in order to do so.

8. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

You know what site your on?

Really?

9. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Yep! The steelies look much better! Nice car for sure.

That being said, I agree with the comments about dialing in the stance. Finned valve covers, vintage air cleaner and Rams-horn manifolds wouldn't hurt either...

10. MGGeerJr

MGGeerJr

I vote for the steelies

11. It used to say 80s now it says cool! Vast improvement!

12. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

World of difference. However, I agree about the gap between tire and fender. Are those 15" rims? If not, I would have gone with 16" rims or lower the car.

13. sic-nic

sic-nic

i put a set of finned valve covers on it last month and want to buy a finned scoop for when i run without the hood.

14. Gromit

Gromit

Untill you get the WWW, I suggest painting the steelies a vanilla white colour. Did that on my 49 back in the day and it looked great

15. That blue dawg, well I guess it could be a curr just as well. if it is a coon dawg I suppose it is a catahola curr some of them come colored that way, but if it is an Austrailian Shepard (from before the time of heel hounds) it is a merl.

I wondered if anyone was paying attention at all.

16. nice job on changing the wheels, and the rumble seat is sweet!

my brother has an english bull dog that is merl!

17. sic-nic

sic-nic

it's a cocker spaniel!

18. Really? OK I'll take my Homer Simpson award now.

The new wheels do look better no matter what kind of a dawg it is. You just can't go wrong wih a set of steelies on nearly any style of build.

19. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

Nice! I love fendered hot tods... I love 'em w/out fenders also, LOL...

20. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

I agree with These guys...

21. BISHOP

BISHOP

a lot better.

22. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

looks way better..