Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features what do you think? MADE BUMPERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by capt46, Aug 26, 2013.

1. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

that is nice look car

Let's see if Mikey likes them ?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. petew

petew
    from Mebane, NC

3. At a show I would stop and look at your car because something it different. Otherwise it is a black deuce, just like every other black deuce.

4. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

Bumpers are a necessary evil in some states. I would like your car with something else. They look too Art Deco for me.

5. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

I was thinking Elvira. If you need to have bumpers. may as well have fun with it. Stainless is a good choice...buff them up and you are done.

6. Its not like every other black deuce, 'cause its a black model A.

Mick

7. Aside from the fact that it is NOT a Deuce, it's an A, It has enough "Attitude" to stand out in a crowd with the cool chop, Halibrand style wheels etc, without the bumpers.

So it's really not like ANY other Black Deuce :D

8. capt46

capt46

if ya think a lot is going on just in the bumpers ill have to show the bottom of the car.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

x2.

10. capt46

capt46

all mirror stainless steel, chrome saddle tanks, polished aluminum brackets/hangers.

11. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

I'm all for bumpers of some form the way people drive/park, but a bit busy. Nice work however. Back is better than the front,the extra tubes on the end make it busy.

12. Buzznut

Buzznut

I think your craftsmanship is great, I just don't think they really fit the look of the car. The hardest part about creating art (and let's not kid ourselves, this would classify as art) is getting everything to look like it belongs together. The fact that the bumper stands out so much means that it doesn't belong. Good design flows, it's seamless...doesn't stand out. You wouldn't frame the Monalisa in a distressed wood picture frame, nor would you frame it in a diamond studded picture frame...same deal. One frame would be too understated and one would overpower (take attention away) from the art. It has to look like it grew there...like it was intended to be there.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  13. overall they look great. they are made nicley. i like the front more then the rear. mainly because the bumper is hard to see in the rear.

14. raidmagic

raidmagic

Love them, nice work.

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think they look great. They make the car look distinguished.

16. capt46

capt46

Art deco was the feel........

Thank you

17. I dig the talent to make something like that. I think that you hit the art deco nail on the head with them. The problem that most people seem to have with them is that art deco is more suited to a later thirties, fat fender type car. The style seems to clash with the earlier car. I like them, but the rear bumper tends to get lost with the shiny rear end you got there.

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

They look good, just not for what that car is trying to convey.

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

I like the style of the rear bumper , but the center of the front bumper makes the car look like its grinning like a circus car , flatten the front ones center out maybe add another bar to the middle and it would look better

20. jazz1

jazz1

Nice work,,the front one looks right,,the rear leaves a "busy view" I am sure you would have no trouble pedalling your work to folks wanting an alternative to stock.

21. I think "Art Deco" is part of the problem. Although the Art Deco movement started in France in the 1920's it didn't really become internationally known until the mid 30's and a Model A (or even a Deuce LOL) is not an example of an Art Deco Styled car.
    More swoopy cars like Duesenbergs, Cords, Delahayes, these type of cars would fit the genre.

22. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I think they detract from the rest of the car. A set of Deuce bumpers would look better IMHO.

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

too busy, they add nothing to the car, use 'em for potholders or something.

24. If the bars were a little bit thicker, I think they'd look better. But even now, they look awesome. Nice Art Deco look.

25. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout
    from East Idaho

Add me to the love the car, love the work you put in to the bumpers but they draw away from the car as they are too busy.

Been in the framing and matting business for years building hand made custom one off frames for art and it's a fine line when you make a frame that is so fancy and intriguing that it draws away from the true art. That applies here in my opinon. If the art is a run of the mill $10 poster from Wal-Mart then the frame should be as fancy and interesting as you can get it. This car isn't the Wal-Mart variety.

But it is yours and it should be exactly how you like it and how you want it.

26. Could have fooled me!

27. Love chopped top, full fendered, Tudors.
    Car is very nice.
    I can appreciate your skills, time, and energy, to create the bumpers..just seems too busy (as was already mentioned).

28. redo32

redo32

I bet you could make some killer traditional style nerf bars out of SS. You did a good job on these but I agree that the style is a little too swoopy for the boxy Model A. There was a quote about design that I'll have to para-phrase, "Style is not adding until there is nothing left to add, but to subtract and simplify and still keep the function."

29. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

The rear bumper would be easier to see if there was a black tailpan connecting the fenders under the body. The axle is so pretty, it is understandbale why he chose not to cover that up with sheetmetal, but now the bumper competes with the rear end for visual attention.

30. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

Beautiful car. Love the Art Deco bumpers. I assume that you are a little unsure because of the way you posted this but as you know you will always get good and bad comments here in HAMB land. Leave them on. Be proud of your work. They are cool.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!