Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Coca Cola 600 rain delay right now.

2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Coca Cola mixed with BV Toasted Carmel...……………………….

3. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Dig'n King Curtis on Pandora, But RL Burnside... Is still a fav

Paul likes this.
  4. mad mikey likes this.
  5. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

mad mikey likes this.
  6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

If your a Doors fan and wonder what Pan really looked like she is all through this video.

mad mikey and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  7. Billy Roberts. HRP

ffr1222k likes this.
  8. What do I listen to in the garage? Garage bands, of course!

9. Grew up 30 miles away and never heard it played on the radio. Believe it or not , the lyrics might have been considered suggestive , in 1966..Should have made it nationally..Classic Garage Rock...

dsiddons likes this.
  10. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I listen to opera and when the fat lady sings, I know it's time to quite and go in the house.

11. 1CoolRide

1CoolRide

12. One of the few cover songs by the Eagles..It way have even inspired the Desperadoes album...Guitar fills from DAVE MASON!

65pacecar likes this.
  13. 1CoolRide

1CoolRide

14. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

15. RMONTY

RMONTY

16. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

My roadster !

17. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

WAY-FM... It's a Christian Rock channel in SW Michigan. It's playing in my barn 24/7...
    Clean going in your ears clean coming out of the mouth...

From 1Nimrod

18. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

We grew up listening to Rock and Roll music, Do Wop and other oldies. We listened so much that those 45’s are still in a 1957 record album case that my wife has kept all of these years. Yes, throw in a few Elvis Presley 45’s and it is a fairly complete compilation of old songs. When we were building or working on our hot rods, the AM radio pushed out plenty of old songs from Drifters to the Zodiacs,even a Joe Jones, “You Talk to Much” aimed straight towards my mom’s daily lectures, etc.

But, those got “old”, listening to that bygone era. One can only take “Do Wop” for a certain amount of time. When there are a zillion new songs to enjoy. But, when an original version pops up on a tv show or movie, it brings back those memories like no other. The only time songs on TV make a certain era turn over in their graves is when a big company uses classic songs as a means to get people interested. (All Along the Watchtower, Purple Haze, come to mind. To us, that is not a good way to remember the 60’s era.)

Bring in the MP3 world of recordings and that opened up a whole world of memories and free downloads. Now, they could be played on the early computers and small MP3 players. This led to a myriad of MP3 players, portable or locked into the home computer. That sounds old school, even though for us it was a new way to listen to songs we have liked over the years. No more cassette tapes, or players. Lightweight MP3 players like the Ipod or Ipod Touch would fit in anyone’s pocket.

Jump up many years and one who still listens to the thousands of songs on the first generation Ipod Touch, the sounds and songs still remain the same. Yes, my son laughs at us because we do not use Sirius in the cars, Spotify on our phones or some cloud service like that. We just plug in our Ipod Touch and enjoy the music in our stereo system or powered portable speakers. It creates a whole new world of music playlists in random order and we are satisfied.

Jnaki

Yes, it is an old Apple product and is tied into the Itunes group. It will probably go to another service in a year or so, but for the present, our complete music library is on our computers digitally and can be played on any device or service. New music? If we hear something we like, we will buy it from Itunes and the money partially goes to the musicians as normal. So, what do our own phones use?

Well, how about talking to other people and using the texting program here and there. Battery drain is bad enough without music taking up a lot of power and longevity. The only other music usage on our phones is the Shazam search service. That helps us remember a song we like when we are somewhere or watching a movie on the large TV screen.

So, in our garage, the discovery of “Random Play” has opened up a whole new ball game. Songs we liked all along, but have not played for years, come right on and brings back memories from that time period. We were beginning to get stuck on our favorite playlists in order when any Ipod Touch usage was done. Now, one Ipod is used for car use and garage use, while my wife’s third gen Bluetooth capable player is for her own use inside of the house. The addition of new powered speakers on our new long, garage work counter brings the power and music to full, if our ears can stand it.

The music in the garage has never sounded so good and it is all due to “Random Play” and high powered portable speakers. When the sound session work is finished in the garage, the speakers have their place in a drawer and the whole counter is ready for some other project.

Some song groups we have not heard for many years are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPyPT7fb0-Q Ship of Fools
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6cobaUEMIU&list=PLdb71RfKmP4hPym3m-APLPJDLLPQN14Z_&index=54 Heaven Knows
    Little by Little

Recently, during the "locked in place" garage work, the Ipod Touch playlist was in the Random Play mode and The Fixx came on FOR ALL 4 ALBUMS. That was a surprise as we had not listened to them since the 90’s.

One Thing Leads to Another
    Secret Separation

Stand or Fall

For the next hour or so, it reminded us of the times we went to our local Orange County music venue, the Coach House, to hear them play in that small rocking place... We are locked in place, but our memories allow us to wander all over the place in different time periods creating wonderful scenes. Why go out, when the World Invaders are still out there in full force? Shouldn't we all stick together to do our best to fight back as we have been told? Live with the new normal until it goes away...

One Thing Leads to Another …using the RANDOM PLAY tab on our Ipod Touch MP3 players, anywhere, including the garage. It sounds like going outside will also follow the mantra... "One Thing Leads to Another..." raising the total counts higher.

STAY SAFE

J_J2, mad mikey and jakespeed63 like this.
  19. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

It's Something About You Girl IceJJfish

20. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

harley jim, mad mikey and j hansen like this.
  21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I have been listening to Blackmill on Pandora lately.

22. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Used to listen to country and oldies cranked up-now I enjoy the silence.

charleyw likes this.
  23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

24. George Thorogood, Dave Hole, Jeff Beck, Beth Hart and of course Scuzz Twittly.......

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well when I'm by myself (most of the time)
    I listen to a lot of cracking and popping sounds, mixed with groans and grumblings...

26. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

Speedwrench likes this.
  27. 49merc

49merc
    from Kansas

For those of us that are a little older and enjoy Glen Miller, Artie Shaw, Dorsey brothers, etc. try kcea.org.

cfmvw, dsiddons and J_J2 like this.
  28. Lil32

Lil32

my wife

"how much did that cost"??