Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you like about your car that upsets others

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdytoo, Dec 8, 2008.

1. BBobb

BBobb

My 327..........in my Model A..........oh well

2. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

The Holley Blue fuel pump. Howls like a banshee. Then the pipes ending at the axle ... I'm just getting warmed up. I don't have a carpet or headliner in it yet, so the resonance is just wonderful. On the truck its the open headers...

3. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

A/C and heat
    But hey the wife and i LOVE it.

4. padorey

padorey

Its a Buick, every one (not car people) thinks it a Mercury

Attached Files:

5. H3O

H3O

now it's because the front wheels are black and the rears are blue right now. gonna change that when we lose all the snow.

6. 6 snowmobile carbs on self made intake, homemade shifter , homemade front end including axle, steering wheel,chassis, body, paint , seat and wife did upholstery , . Has no chrome save 2 breather caps. It drives especially the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ guys nuts. On top of that it works perfectly. they cant handle that.

7. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Boy thats the truth...not to mention 99% of the Nova crowd I have to deal with. At least I saved one from pro street.

8. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

allready a radical factory custom...you simply finished where factory left off ! !.........coldwar has one he may sell for cheap. pm me if interested. 4-door good parts car. cleveland area

9. chris55

chris55

The yellow wheels...and some people say it sits to low!:eek:...(I didn't know a car could sit to low.)

[​IMG]

10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

The MoPar in Ford is a love/hate thing for my car. I love it, but not everyone does. I usually get a reaction either way though, which is what I was going for.

For some reason dummy spots and lakes draw the ire of some on this board. I don't get it.

11. This little bit really bothers some people .
    Especially a couple o' pals.

Started burning about a month after it was up and running.
    (The header primary is real close to the inside of the hood.)

So I striped around it and now some of the striping is disappearing....:D:cool:

[​IMG]

12. 972toolmaker

972toolmaker
    from Garland Tx

big bad blue i paint everything moble some variation of this color ;A cop in pheoinix ocne asked why the daisys on my MG ; paint and brushs cost 4.87 took 2 hrs; but if you will pay for it ill let you pick the color he thought i was a smart a-- just poor.

13. wrecker55

wrecker55

you tell me....[​IMG]

14. I get Hate/Love comments on every aspect of my car... Pipes, stance, wheels, tires, brakes, Tranny, Aluminum driveshaft, Aluminum heads, msd, Body fit, Finish (or lack of) quickchange, interior, "Shall I go on"????:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  15. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

I walked past rows of cars to check out your '55 at Rhinebeck several years ago! Nice ride...

16. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

The fat fenders, and the 960 lb caddy flathead! Most people ask why i bother with such a heavy motor. Because i can!

17. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

That its stolen...............:eek:

18. The 18" wide M/Ts on the rear!

19. manyolcars

manyolcars

A friend gave me an aftermarket bumper guard from the mid to late 30s.
    I put it dead center on my 31 Ford coupe.
    nobody likes it.
    .....too bad.....

20. Abomb

Abomb

Give me a month or two...I'll post pictures of my 55 buick and we'll see what people here say..........I've got a good guess as to what the reaction is going to be from alot of you, but hey, it's my car....and I know what I like

21. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

my car is faster then their car

22. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Remember that song on Sesame Street "One of these just doesn't belong here..."

Here are some cars that live in various houses on my prissy little street:

2009 Mercedes GL, 2008 Infiniti G-Whatever, Next door neighbor: 2007 Volvo Wagon and 2008 BMW 3-series, Audi A3, Infinity FX45, 2007 BMW 5-series, newer Jaguar XJ-R, 1959 Edsel Wagon, 2008 Saab Convertible, BMW Z-3,

Which of these things just doesn't belong here?

23. chaddilac

chaddilac

hahahahahahahaha.... Thanks Dave... Snot came outta my nose!

24. 1949windsor

1949windsor

That it's a Chrysler.

WTF why can the same MOPAR guys look at every other make and model car and say wow that really looks nice, he really made a difference by ........ but you take that same guy and change one little thing about a MOPAR, from converting to 12 volt to choping 4 inches off the top (because they were f*cking ugly, at least mine was) and they have a complete melt down and call you a communist and say something brilliant like:

"If Chrysler had intended it to look that way it would have been done that way in the first place."

Oh and by the way they seem to have no problem with paint colors or disc brakes. They act as if you should get the group opinion before you do anything to your car.

Am I bitching? Wait a minute, I don't really give a shit do I. Nevermind. Hey is anyone done Christmas shopping yet?:eek:

25. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

No seatbelts. No heater.

26. the fact that they are wrong every time i get asked how much i chopped my mercury. its an uncut hudson four door! "hey how much did you chop that merc?" "its not a merc, look here, see, it says hudson" "uh no its a mercury" "look mate i think i know what my car is" "ummm "

27. my 1931 Durant .. some people say "why did you cut up that rare car? you should have restored it"..

28. Lucky77

Lucky77

That most of the crowd walks right past their billet covered, pastel colored crybaby doll holders to check out my little primered model A. I love it when guys get pissy because nobody is paying attention to their cars

29. That there's ice in the urinals.