Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you like about your car that upsets others

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdytoo, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Everything:

[​IMG]

It really does freak people out.

2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Its hard for me to really know what upsets people .I drive way to fast my car is load as hell and I really could care less .My 2 cents

3. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

the fact that my car is a 4 door. so what? so it allows easier access for friends, and it keeps me away from things i shouldnt be doing. plus the extra door seam evens out the car.

4. Rich1028

Rich1028

the fact that mine are paid for!!
    and they may look like junk,but they go!

5. DogTownKustoms

DogTownKustoms

that i get 8 mpg on premium and it sets off car alarms and apparently is too loud, I just tell them it used to not have mufflers so stop the bitching

6. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I haven't had any complaints, But my wife hates my bumper spikes, my buick headlight rings, the police spots, my hood ornament, my striping brushes painted on my hood sides, my coon tail on the mirror, my shrunken head on the dash......should I go on?????

[​IMG]

7. It seems that some people get upset that I have the vehicle and not them, and that I actually use it.

Mostly I get compliments, but also more than a few times I get someone that comes up to me to tell me that I should be horsewhipped for using my antique Studebaker truck that way (carrying lumber).

I ask them how many they have saved from the scrapyard.

That's when they give me some look that says I am being the jerk, not them.

I was minding my own business till they butted in, but I'm the unfriendly one who didn't apreciate their "helpful" complaining input.

8. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

Lessee ... It's a Plymouth (ie. not a "cool" car), it's flat black, has red wheels ... oh yeah ... and radials ... basically, it's all the "cliches" and draws bigger crowds than some of the high dollar street rods!
    [​IMG]

9. The fact that I don't care that it will never have shiny paint, and I am not going to restore it.

10. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Spindle mounts and 500 rwhp in a model A

11. That it is painted.

12. phukinartie

phukinartie

Drivin' by guy in in the mini van or suv knowing if he could get his balls and wallet from his wifes purse he could get a cool toy too!

13. wolfgang_90

wolfgang_90
    from Albany, NY

The fact that my hot rod can carry your hot rod.. You may be faster than me, but I can flatbed you :)

14. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

People always ask "what color is it going to be"? When I say it's as painted as it's ever going to be they can't figure out what to say. Usually just "OH" or something like that :D

15. that its a 4 door, and the fact that i used a 74 400 4 speed trans am as a donor. and it runs and handles like a trans am (with a weight problem.)

16. crf500

crf500

that i'm putting a ford in a ford. fe powered 32 pickup. i wish i had a chevy just to put a ford in it
    !

17. PoPo

PoPo

That my motor is more reliable than their daily driver. Oh and its not HAMB friendly even though the rest of the truck is.

18. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

That I radiused the fenderwells on my 64 SS, but I really wanted that short track stocker look...and with a set of front fenders and some rust repair patch panels it could be put back stock.....oh ya, I set off car alarms too....so much fun!!!:):D

[​IMG]

19. DogTownKustoms

DogTownKustoms

Also that my 42 year old car can do 0-60 in 5.1 flat and their new car can't :D

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  20. LOL PICK ONE!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. bigolds

bigolds

I don't get this.... What's the point? Some slam others cars and their choice of accessories here. Frankly I haven't got a clue what others don't like cause I don't listen to that crap. I really don't care what someone else says or doesn't like about my cars!!!!

22. Do you want the complaints that I've gotten on this board, they're pretty much the only ones I think.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Let's see... lack of paint, to low, to loud, sounds fast, you really drive that every day? And my personal favorite, because I live the liberal part of town, "that must be a gas guzzler !!!" Oh, and "can't you afford a new/nice car?" arrrrg!!!

24. It has an extreme rumple with a nice little lope to it. Some people just don't get it.

25. Gold chainers and parking lot tire kickers don't get the six inline thing.

26. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

my lakepipes, i use to live on a quiet street ... tell i got them :cool:

27. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who gives a fuck? If anything its me

Doc

29. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

I always love the guys that come up and start the conversation with "You shoulda (insert just about any retarded statement here)" and then proceed to tell me how their friend or uncle had a just like mine and how cool it was before they sold it or wrecked it. Typically I wait until they are done tellin me how I shoulda built my rod before asking where their hotrod is, which almost always ends the conversation with them sayin they don't have one. Thanks for your input ass clown!!!!

30. "It seems that some people get upset that I have the vehicle and not them, and that I actually use it."

That right there sums it all up.