Register now to get rid of these ads!

what do you guys think? selling a loved one for another

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mrrocket

mrrocket

Well, i'll jump in here. My first car I built was my grandfathers 71 Bug. Age 13 i pulled it into the garage and started playing with it....getting library books on everything i could and ordering from JC Whitney (poor kid). LOVED that car. One day I got a wild hair, saw an ad for a 63 WIlly's Jeep in Maine (I lived in Missouri), sold it to my friends dad, Greyhounded to Maine, bought the Jeep and drive it home...Jeep was fun but a pit. Still miss my little Bug.

Second thing: Sell it to someone out of state. My friend and his dad (who bought my Bug) restore a 69 Bug, took them years. My friend boughti t from his dad, then sold it to buy something WAY O/T. They guy he bought it to turned it into a bass thumping street cruiser...sold all the classic, restored original details and my friend still regrets it...so sell out of state if you sell it!

I say keep it though...first build

2. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

I would definately not sell the bug, they are only going up in price, you will regret it. i had a 66 with a 6'' narrowed beam, dropped in the back i rewired it and re done everything there was to re-do. I sold it and i regret it. deeply
    youll want another one someday and there wont be any there to get, theyll all be way to expensive. theyre just so unusual. thats one sweet bug.
    I'd piece the other car one piece at a time. and hold on to the bug.
    just my two pesos mang...
    Rafa

3. bygeorge32

bygeorge32
    from Canton, Ga

KEEP THE BUG!!!!!! A couple of years to finish the A. Thats one hell of a long time to not have a drivable hot rod. Also, if you sell the bug and have money in hand, that is when other exspense always hit you. Then you are out the bug and didn't get that much done on the A. NOW WHAT???? Also, I think $5,500 is a little low, but I have seen nice bugs go for that in bad times.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Gotta agree with dragsta here. Sell it and build a cool Ford. Just MO.

5. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

keep the bug!!! you will regret getting rid of something you built with blood, sweat & tears! it's awesome too!!

6. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

$ell......you don't love her anymore. You already listed it once. Ask for visitation rites , everyother weekend & on wed. Nites.
    there is a nice 69 here for 1,200 $

7. thanks everyone for the kind comments and compliments. its looking like i may want to keep it.everyoen seems to think its a bad idea to let it go.

bowtie, i do still just i could use the money.

8. no mice just rats

no mice just rats
    from missouri

the wifes and I motto to live by never sell anything (vehicle)...

9. well rat, im not married yet, but the more i keep these cars the less my lady may want to tie the knot!

i get haggled at my house for wanting to get rid of it, then i get 'why dont you sale it you have so many'

i dont realy i only own 4 cars. thats not to many right?

10. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

^ nope not too many!

11. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

its an import for crying out loud. Sell & finish your project . Its like your ex , you won't get over it until you find a new one ..... You have .
    Besides the thing don't have ac.

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I dig the bug. Take your time on the A.

13. bowtiebrown---A/C what the hell? why would it have a/c? neither does any of my cars...not sure what that has to do with anything.

oh and, the ex thing, well im actualy planning on marrying my high school sweetheart.so yeah i found a new girl, wasnt for me and went back to the old one! haha

14. AD

AD

Out with Old and In with the Older! try to get 8 for the bug and get your hot rod running. you bought that 29 cuz you had a vision. make that vision a reality..

15. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I just sold a super-nice car that I swore I would never sell. One day I went to drive it, and the magic was gone. It happens, and life is too short to try to convince yourself, sometimes for years, that you are still into your car. We get older, tastes change, it happens. When you're done with these cars, you're done; and the best thing to do is to move it along to the next owner who has as much enthusiasm for it as you once did, and get the other car that you have been wanting for a long time and has finally come up in your price range. It's all about moving ahead and being happy with the car or cars you have.

-KK

16. AD

AD

and 4 aint squat, i've got 11, (they aint all running) and still got my eye on one more.. a 29 ironically

17. thanks kustom komet and AD. i have decided ill sale it if i can get 6 for it. thats more than enough to get my 29 to be a driver. i figer it only needs 3k or less since im not to picky on shiney parts, figure 1k for rent/spending money for a short time, and 2k to put into my 53 studebaker pickup. (3k is a very high estimate for the coupe. should be around 2k im guessing.

18. well after some thinking and some things happening here, (going from engauged to single) now i think i will sale it to complete my car.

i have foudn a running 31 coupe for 6800 that id like to buy, if i can get 6 for my bug, and the guy will come down some i would very much like to get the 31, and sale my 29, or i may use the money on the 29. im unsure how much more the 29 will still need as far as money goes.

(brake lines, radiator tank flipped and cappd off, wirign harness, tailights, and a few steerign companents and 2 more bysplys is about what i need. a few small engine trinkets as well)