Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you do to keep the mice out of your exhaust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheelbearing, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheelbearing

wheelbearing
    from ohio

2. 61bone

61bone

Might try driving it.

3. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Or a rag with mothballs. I try to start garaged cars once a week. Get it to warmed up then shut it down.

4. Old61

Old61
    from PA

I run the engine and toast them critters.
    Are you related to the seller? (info taken from whois)
    Kolodgy, Peter
    Maritime Agencies Great Lakes Inc.
    33801 Lear Industrial Parkway
    Avon, Ohio 44011
    United States

5. I have never cared, they usually fly out dead when I start the car or truck so what’s the worry? Don’t like rats splatting on your garage wall?

6. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

Don't let another rodent get into your exhaust! Exhaust Buddy is a revolutionary new product, that effectively deters mice and other rodents from climbing up into your exhaust and making home. Two Sizes are available, so no matter what size exhaust you have, we have a Exhaust Buddy that will fit! Patent Pending.
    Please use our simple and secure checkout powered by PayPal.

Small Exhaust Buddy
    Fits Exhausts 1 1/2" to 3"
    Single $10.49
    Dual $19.98

<FORM action=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr method=post target=paypal>
    <INPUT type=hidden value=_s-xclick name=cmd> <INPUT type=hidden value=2736963 name=hosted_button_id> <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><INPUT type=hidden value=Quantity name=on0>Quantity</TD></TR><TR><TD><SELECT name=os0> <OPTION value=Single selected>Single $10.49<OPTION value=Dual>Dual $19.98</OPTION></SELECT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><INPUT type=hidden value=USD name=currency_code> <INPUT type=image alt="" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_cart_LG.gif" border=0 name=submit> [​IMG]
    </FORM>

Large Exhaust Buddy
    Fits Exhausts 3 1/2" to 5"
    Single $11.99
    Dual $22.98

LOL 20.00 bucks and its a piece of foam!!!

Attached Files:

• pp3.jpg
      pp3.jpg
      File size:
      63.9 KB
      Views:
  7. bryan6902

bryan6902

Steel wool in the tail pipe

8. it's a butt plug for your car! hahahahaha.

9. zbuickman

zbuickman

Id rather have them in my exhaust than in my seats...... mabey we should put cheese in our exhaust:)

10. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Are you kidding? $20 ??? I simply take aluminum foil, tear it into about 8"x8" squares, place it over the openings and smoosh it around the outside. If wanted, you could use a wire tie, twisty tie, or duct tape around the outside to ensure that it doesn't get bumped off. I'm sure it costs me a whole 15 cents to do both pipes. When ready to run the car, I just pull it off and throw away. No plugs to loose over the summer.

11. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Jeez, how many mice do you have to have in your garage to think you need a $20 hunk of shit crammed in the exhaust? How about A $3 box of D-Con? Works for me...

12. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Just start it up wwhen you hear the pop just look behind the car and see them rolling around. I had that happen to one of my mustangs years ago. I real looked funny see them rolling round in the driveway.

13. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That is what I do....

Mothballs work, but are very poisonous to humans as well.... just FYI

15. bluestang67

bluestang67

They will chew foam no resistance there it will be in the nest . I just use those electronic plug ins have worked for 8 years so far i have a attached garage and live out surrounded by corn fields .

16. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

Ya know the dip shit that sees ya hit your finger with a hammer and ask with honest curiosity, did that hurt. That person is first cousins to these big brains and their anal butt plugs. I try not to hammer other folks, but this exceeds blatant incompetancy
    Dumb shit

17. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

I second that!

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

18. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Analyzing...

Is this a question?

Wow. You found that? How?

These thing work??

Right on. While I'm paying 20$ for foam for my tailpipe, you can check out this site. These thing work too: http://www.hookedonphonics.com/index.aspx

19. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

If you have that many mice in your garage I would be more worried about them chewing up the wiring or the interior.

20. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Good. Sure as hell don't want no humans up your tailpipe!

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

The confused mouse pic is pretty funny though...

22. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

I haven't ever heard of mice getting in exhaust

23. Invent a way to keep box elder bugs from infesting evey south facing wall within a 1/4 mile of a box elder tree, and you've got something useful. There has never been a mouse nest that affected the exhaust in any car I've ever stored. Some of those have been tiny LBC stuff, too. Moth balls or citrus smelling stuff does a good job of saving closed car interiors. Open cars are another oroblem.

24. EZrider

EZrider
    from Waco, TX

Keep some pets around. King snakes are great mice & rat hunters. I crawled under my 40merc last year to start pullin' the trans & there was a great big snake skin, about 3ft. long. He had been there, moulted & left; but I don't have any mice or rats.
    Also cats are great. The worst thing about cats is that they like to mark their territory w/ piss; but again no destructive mice or rats. I once had a BFR (big fukin' rat) that made a home in the seat back & then had the gall to die there. Due to the damage he had done, I had to just throw the whole goddam seat away.
    "if you come to a fork in the road, take it"

25. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Adopt a cat!...or just spend all winter trying to invent a better mouse trap!:D

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yeah , well don't handle them, your body will absorb the nasty right through the skin. Inhaling the fumes is bad as well. I know your comment is humorous, but the effects of mothballs is nasty, and I'd really question using them especially if there are kids around... or animals you care about, like a dog...

27. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

28. swazzie

swazzie

LOL, Touche' !!!!

29. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

Can't believe nobody has mentioned a installing a CAT(alytic) Converter...sorry, couldn't resist.

30. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I know! Found out about them right here on the HAMB!
    Amazing how they were used so often years ago and people didn't have nasty issues with them...just the horrible smell.
    I wonder was there a change in compounds made???

Anyway...didn't mean to lessen the value of your post...but I find this whole thread to be so silly!
    I mean...soft sponge plugs to keep out animals that easily chew thru wood?

I doubt K-Tel would even market those...not with a straight face anyway.

SLIDERULE67...thats awesome! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.