Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do we know about the 1941 Cadillac?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chieftian, Sep 9, 2014.

1. 53chieftian

53chieftian

The boss picked up this 1941 Cadillac that we believe is a series 61, obviously a 2 door. It's fairly complete but is plenty rusty. We're looking for info on these. He's not sure if we should just peel off the good parts and scrap the rest, or are these desirable enough it's worth saving or selling as a whole. Tony.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. retromotors

retromotors

3. 53chieftian

53chieftian

4. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

That car doesn't look bad at all! And its really cool with the swept back look. I'd keep it and make a nice driver out of it.

racingonerobb likes this.

5. retromotors

retromotors

That's a keeper, no doubt about it.

6. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Looks way too complete and solid to part out. You said it's 'very rusty'. Is the floor gone?
    I agree with Nash, it would make a great driver.
    I'd go the restorod route with it. All stock body and trim with Diamondback www's and modern drivetrain. Buy a wrecked late model for the power train to keep it a budget build.

7. Some custom guy will be beatin your door down!

8. Fenders

Fenders

That body style is absolutely worth saving. And look at them B pillars !!

9. Slopok

Slopok

That's the beginning of one fine custom. Save it by all means, do not part it out.

10. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

That thing is super cool. It's begging to be a custom or a bomb.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

"" He's not sure if we should just peel off the good parts and scrap the rest, or are these desirable enough it's worth saving or selling as a whole.""

if you keep all the parts with value, there would not be anything to scrap. how can a person be in this hobby and have no idea that a 41 Cadillac might be worth something?

that is definitely a buildable car. got to be worth 2-3 thousand even with no floors. probably a lot more here in sunny California

12. 53chieftian

53chieftian

It sat belly deep in the mud for 30+ years! The engine bay is still partially full of mud. The floors have just enough to keep the seats from falling through, the tie rod is rusted in half. Someone years ago "filled" the seams for the back fenders and a tree must have landed on the roof and they "filled" that too! It's thick! If you bounce on the passenger running board the whole side of the car tries to bend!

I do this stuff every day and my boss does too. It's not a 50's Chevy so he doesn't "get it" when it comes to customs of the early odd stuff. I would love to be able to just go hog wild but my wallet sure isn't big enough!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. I have one of these in much better shape. Needs floors, but has later front clip and Caddy 500 engine. Late model rear, all done very nicely. Its a project that has never been running. Tried to sell it several times. I need to get a minimum of 3500 bucks for it, and that is a loss for me. No bites and one pitiful offer. So in my mind, while cool, not much of a desirable car. Mine sits in a barn out of the weather probably to be someone's true "barn find" someday =)

From the things you describe, I'd part it and scrap the rest.

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Here's some information, the data plate will give you the specifics 41-**** Looks like the intermediate 'B' body platform