Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do the neighbors think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by powmia, May 29, 2011.

1. pumpman

pumpman

Guess I'm lucky, have land all around me. But the neighbors keep stopping by to see what I'm up to which is pretty cool. I know I would not do well with close neighbors, I would definitely piss them off.

2. some extent as to "how" you live is dependant upon "where" you live. i live in an old trailer park (hey, the trailer was only 2500 bucks and all i needed was a toilet and shower really). im not married and not lookin to tie off an anchor so it fits me fine. maybe 20 trailers, half of them older folks, half about 30s to 40s. i plow the place thru the winter(landlords like 90), moved the landlords sister into the park (had a trailer), and drive the absolute loudest cars(even tho they have mufflers or baffles, noleaks)...maybe in a 5 mile area. used to apologize for the early a.m. start ups goin to work, and was told recently most near me dont use alarm clocks anymore. heck if i go out of town, one of them will ninja mow my lawn (has refused money and beer for payment)...last year i think i mowed my lawn 3 times, all year. turns out even, one of the older guys who lives here used to own my daily driver when it was new, and has stated he wants it back if im ever to sell it. the close ones even "bird dog" the place, always watchin it when im away and then givin me a run down of any unknown cars (most have been friends).

i have lights on at all hours, noise from somethin, heck its a trailer..carries. none of them even care, ive sold parts to them, pointed out problems, fixed and drank a few cold ones with most of them. some of them are good people some of them are dumber than a barrel full of hair, but still most are honest folks.

good and cheap...i can dig it.

3. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

My neighbor makes more noise than I do and as a result I just lay low.

Someday someone will figure out that it is my air compressor that dims the lights in the neighborhood. Until then it's all good times.

4. My one neighbor is really fussy about his property - he complained about a wood pile in the back yard. It's not a mess, it's stacked neat. Doesn't want to look at it. Car parts? he'd crap his pants. Already tried to turn me into the town once; I just put plates on the car in question and solved the problem that way.

Of course, they're replacing the sewer system on the street this summer and then will repave the road, so the entire neighborhood is going to look like shit for several months. I laughed about it.

5. erlomd

erlomd

I hate neighbors...they always want to seem interested in what your doing...either in a good way or bad way...in the end they always tend to stick their nose in whatever I'm doing. They really hate it when I get back home from a night out in my chopper with 127 cubic inch motor and straight pipes....I usually have to haul ass before I get in my community then shut the bike off and let her glide all the way to my house. Forget about ever turning on a power tool. The police will be there in a heartbeat.

6. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Upscale neighborhood. They think I'm insane. And their right.

BC

7. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

I have a drug dealer/wife beater with 4 ubnoxis kids on one side and a hoarder on the other side that I am always killing roaches that come over the wall from the hoarders house. I dont make any noise after 10pm as I dont want to have to deal with these people. I have the neighbors from hell and it would take a full 10 pages to list the things I have had to put up with from these neighbors from hell. I am not able to move so I put up with them. I even had to put up security cameras to get the drug dealer/wife beater ubnoxis family to quit messing with my dog and my house

8. nineteenfifty5

nineteenfifty5

I'm with you, make noise at 1am, wake me up! well this can only mean you want to meet me at my worst , so I reckon it's time to come over & explain life to you.
    You gotta be a total asshat to make nosie at night when peeps are sleeping

Will

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  9. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Love to see all my grass cuttin' idiot neighbors when the gas prices go sky high or when they put more alcohol than gas in them and they can't run those mowers anymore. The one jackass next door puts the damn thing in high, drops the clutch, and plows over his wife's flower bed and just about tears the grass catching stuff to pieces. Biggest damn laugh I have had in awhile. Fricken idiot couldn't even figure out where his gutter downspouts drain out to. Asked me how to find out where, and I looked at him and said: GARDEN HOSE! TOTAL IDIOT, and he is teaching the young people in school. Go figure! Old codgers, old bats, dinosaurs, "WHAT?", man it's sure going to be cool when they all croak! That includes that old phart wrinkled up mayor that thinks she's hot s..t. Must be 100 or so, sure looks like death itself. The one ancient old man next to me was mowing with goggles on Saturday! Another laugh and a half. Takes him 3 hrs to mow what it takes me 50 minutes. Idiot had bad case of the shingles! Asphalt, wood, tile, don't know exact specie of the shingles! LMAO x 100!

Yeah neighbors, no thanks! The one thing I hate as much as neighbors is HOA'S! Most unconstitutional BS I have ever seen.

10. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

quick story about my neighbor( he smiles and waves everytime he passes)about 3 weeks ago my wife said her car was acting up. i told her what you telling me for do i look like a mechanic .later that week my freezer broke told her same thing what you telling me for do i look like a mechanic.come home last weekend her car was fixed and freezer was working perfect.asked her who fixed it she said our neighbor.i asked what did it cost, she said nothing, she said our neighbor told her she could bake him a cake or give him some.i asked what kinda cake did you bake him she said i didnt what do i look like a baker

11. brandyspaw

brandyspaw

In years past, when I lived in Colorado, I was doing more grinding, primering and painting and I seemed to have tolerant neighbors. This even though we lived on relatively small 1/4 acre lots where the noise and activity was easier to notice.

These days I live in Arizona on a large acreage but I think I'd be in trouble if I had a project in progress. (The HOA/cc&r rules are inactive but according to those rules your not supposed to even work on cars in your garage.) I think if I cranked up with any major project I'm sure some neighbor(s) would soon be bitching.

I think that way because of the reaction to my old ride I'm currently using as a driver. I've noted more and more apathy about old cars from people. There seems to be a major shift by a lot of the general population away from any appreciation of old cars. And I think that carrys over to how tolerant they are of the old car hobby when they are your neighbor.

12. torino_Joe

torino_Joe

Kept getting ticketed because I was working on my car and it was on the street,moved it to the drive-way,got ticketed again for it being an eye-sore,finally got a 24 hr notice to move the car or the city would tow it.So I turned off the sander,stopped primering, and focused on getting the car started so I could drive away instead of towing it.After a few hours of back-firing,spittin n sputterin,she roared to life with a vengeance.Well about that time the neighbor walked over and began the lecture,It stopped when I told him i go to work earlier than he did and i think it would be in his best interest if he left and let me get back to work.Needless to say,i had to tow it still and everything went back to normal because I moved out shortly thereafter..........
    I would just like to point out that I always shut things down at 9:00pm which is an hour earlier than the law states for our city.I was always willing to help out people in the neighborhood and the same people who gave me a thumbs up as they walked their dogs were the same ones calling code enforcement on me.

So from now on,I too could give a shit less if someone doesn't like it.They don't pay my bills and they have no say.Even if they do,it falls on deaf ears.

Thanx for letting me vent,I f&*^%$g love this thread!!

13. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

The neighbor on the west is a nephew to the lady who bought my '64 new in '63 so he likes it.

The neighbor to the south used to ride in my '64 in high school back in the 1980s so she and her kids like it.

The neighbor on the north drives a Saturn roadster looking thing (?) and thinks it's one hell of a sports car so........yeah.......he's a different breed of cat.

My neighbor to the east is an abondoned Ford dealership that operated from 1928 until about 1979 so no worries there.

14. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

well when i lived in calif. i had a 6 car shop/garage, i built trailers and i would work on them after i got off work on a concrete slab i had in front of the shop. the biggest trailer i built was a 3 axel for a 30 ft off shore boat and the trailer was 38 ft long. when i was out side late at night welding the county sheriff crused by and checked on me and sometimes they visited a while. the best drive by was by the power company because when i would weld late at night the power company would regester power spikes and they would send out a service truck to investigate the problem. that was usually around 1 or 2 in the am.

never had a problem with a neighbor there. when i moved to where i am now, there more busy bodie nosey a$$H0l3s in spokane washington than one can or care to count. i have more problems with the city here than anyplace i ever lived in california. of course that is the only good thing i can say about california.

oh yes californis is the mecca of hotrodding and racing

15. 73super

73super

I wouldn't do anything to draw attention to myself or give my neighbors an excuse. I guess working into the wee hours making noise is something I wouldn't do. I know neighbors can be a pain in the keester and some of them will look for any excuse to file a complaint. If you can get a cool friendship going with your neighbors it might help.. but I think I'd have a problem with anybody making noise at that time of night too since I go to bed early and get up at 2:00 a.m. every morn'. Just my 2 cents.

16. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Funny how no one shows me any consideration and is quiet during the day when im sleeping.......after I've worked all night. I feel no pity towards those who get woke up during the night once and a while.....get a noise machine like I have to use. But im not bitter. Lol

17. I hate those people who see my stuff and then as they do not know, ask which car belongs? or is this? or is that? After all the time I spend explaining just tell me "Why did you buy that?" do not spend money on that crap!, that sucks friends, they know nothing about my tastes, if I want any part of a car in my yard and look for 24 hours, I'll do ....