Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What do I have? Sharp 2x2 intake mani information.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mozen, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Mozen

Mozen

Hello all, I picked up 2 flathead blocks with parts on Craigslist and in the boxes of parts was this intake manifold. I'm trying to find out more info about it so anything would be appreciated. 20150831_135338.jpg

2. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

You have a really nice intake that some schmuck put clear powder coat on. Had a shop talk me into that once. BIG mistake. I'm still trying to get that crap off.

Seriously though, that's a good intake. Sharp goes way back. Hard to tell but looks like it might be one of the newer units.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  3. Mozen

Mozen

I appreciate it. It's actually off getting cleaned up right now so the paint will get fixed. I tried looking up the 2x2 tho and found nothing. All I see online are 3x3s.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. They made a dual way back at the start, but I think the carbs were spaced further apart.

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's for an 8BA ('49-'53 cars), as shown by provision for the oil fill and road draft tube on the front. It looks to have room to run a genarater in the normal position.

6. Mozen

Mozen

Sweet! I appreciate it guys.

7. Muttley

Muttley

That stuff is indeed horrible. I also had someone with recommend that stuff to me and fell for it without even looking at a sample. It was so ugly I sold the manifold off the next day. I had to unload it for the price of the intake alone and eat the cost of the powder coat..............it was worth every penny. Thankfully it was a new intake and not a rare part so there was no trouble getting another.