Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do i do with this dodge???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yetiskustoms, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

x 2!!

2. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

56 more door coronets can look cool. I've always had a soft spot for mine that I let go years ago. The wife and boys loved bombing the streets in it. would even fit all our pups.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

...and I agree. Don't take the rear handles off! I did and regretted it later. Got a ton of pixs of my old Kustom 56 4door if you want to see anymore. Love those big fish tail fins! I really like the grill on them too.

4. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Thanks hotrod, those pix are great. Looks nice

5. ++++++++++++Easy does it! I said unmodified and stated simply that nobody did in the the "traditional" day of hot rodding. The style and culture is relatively new and happen to like it, but it was rare, if ever, back in "the day". In a word, it's not traditional, that's all!

6. outlaw256

outlaw256

well i like the old car.but willbe is dead on.nobody built, put money in ,whatever, to a mordoor when i was a young gun.atleast not in my part of tbhe world. and that was in the burbs of chicago, and west tn.ive never owned a mordoor,not that i remember anyway. i run with a guy back in the 70s that had a 4dr nova.built sbc, cragars. big ol hood scoop. and big shackels. i hated ridinin that thing. as did he.we dont know who built that car but his mom bought it for him for his 16th birthday and it sure the hell beat walkin, and we lived in the country.he called it the worlds first fake hotrod.butn now im old so a mordoor would be kept in all stock form and drivin just that way.while i looked for a 2dr to build.that car in these pics is cool as it is a old american car.id drive it as a daily but wouldnt do much to it but clean it and make it safe.in fact the more ilook at it the more i would like to drive it as a daily!

7. Thanks^^^^^^^

8. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Leave outside as is. Add monster engine, upgrade drive line for monster engine. Upgrade suspension and lower it just a little. Great sleeper.

9. Nowadays, I don't enjoy having a body and would rather just be a floating head, without a chest, hands or feet, just like a helicopter.
    I would enjoy being a floating head without certain senses, so that I would not have to think, speak, see, smell or hear. I'd like to have a powerful mini-jet engine at the bottom of my head and go everywhere with it.
    I would enjoy seeing my girlfriend try to get a hold of my head to kiss me, whilst escaping from her and going higher instead.
    I wouldn't know whether to cry or laugh if I saw myself as a floating head in the mirror, because since I wear glasses and wouldn't have any hands, I would have some trouble with that!
    What do you think about that?

10. outlaw256

outlaw256

iwanaflattie, what the hell you doing man.and i though the days of acid were over! lol

11. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I'm sure that is the same day dream that head in the box on Pee wee's play house had! Lecka lecka hi lecka hidy ho

12. Its all the negativity around this place that makes me feel
    all funny inside
    like a mechanical butterfly with
    Razors as wings
    eating my thoughts and dreams
    While some squirm like an earth worm in salt
    to the thought of a 4 door,
    others build 4 doors out of 2 cabs
    and constantly look for factory crewcab trucks.
    Sometimes I think about the goddess with 3 breasts
    And sometimes I dont.
    My mom used to say:
    You little shit! you ate all my intestine tacos already!

13. I hear ya... and agree it's not traditional.
    When I was in high school back in the 80's I never paid attention to old 4 doors myself. I think that as certain cars age they become something of a novelty. Especially makes or models that are hardly seen on the road anymore.
    My next ride will hopfully be a 50's or 60's Cadillac 4 door but I am always on the lookout for any cool old car. Don't get me wrong. I like 2 doors too but I need the extra door options for my kiddos as I haul the family everywhere in this thing. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  14. Peace bro^^^^^^^

15. Since a few have come up with the idea of a gallon of gas and a road flare,,,,,,,,,.

I'll tell you what my suggestion is. I'll give you $25. You spent it the way you see fit,,,,,,,, here's some suggestions though,,,,,,,.

You buy a gallon or two of gas, one of those butane lighters, or splurge and get a flare. A package of hotdogs, marshmellows, and a 6-pack of beer. (You can whittle down a 'roasting stick' from a nearby tree)

While that car is a nice big ball of fire, take plenty of 'good clear' pictures, even a video of it!

After everything has cooled off, you have taken all the pictures, and yer beer and eats are all gone, pry off the data and VIN plates,,,,,,,,,,,.

Send them and all your pictures over to the Forwardlook site, ( forwardlook.net/forums ) in care of, D-500 Neil/Ronbo & company, plus a few choice others, with a note stating; "Here! Jam all this up your egotistical, holier-than-thou, political correct, pipe and smoke it! Thank you, alumcan"

Thanks!

16. I say you fill the tank and then drive in on down here to Colorado and park it in my driveway. I LOVE IT!!!! Are you looking to sell it? I think the oddball cars are the best. Make an awesome family mover just like it is. Please don't cut it up!!

17. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Not gonna cut it up. No big plans. Just an extra Car i have come across that is too clean to mess up.

Some of you people dont read all The posts. Go back and read

18. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Resentment are the #1 reason for relapse. Don't let those yahoo's rent anymore space up there.

19. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Still looking qt your pics HOTRODTRASH. Nice and clean looking.

20. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

shave the rear door handles and slam it with wide whites.. looks good for a 4dr

21. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Thanks!! Wish I never got rid of it. Slam that fish tail you got! Throw a bad ass flake roof on it. Get that motor running like a top, and drive away with a smile. They are such cool cars, oddball for sure, Wherever you go, you'll be the only 56 dodge there. I want mine back!!!!! haha I'll send you some pixs, so you can get some ideas and such.

22. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Thanks HOTRODTRASH , got The pics. wheels are turning.....

23. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Some cars only came as 4 doors - like my KOOL wagon project.... Imagine a long-roof in metal flake...

[​IMG]