Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did your dad drive?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan in Canada, Nov 21, 2012.

1. willymakeit

willymakeit

50 Chev. convertible, baby blue,,, white top, skirts and white walls. Built for the time 235,3 spd. Said he could run with the V8 stoplight to stoplight. This was in 1957. Last time he saw it was in Forsyth Mo. Would like to find it.

2. sntos63

sntos63

My dad is an upholsterer and I remember him driving nothing but old classics. Not one new car ever.
    I remember a 55 Chevy wagon, 56 nomad, 55 2 dr post Chevy, 61 impala, 56 Chevy stepside, 56 f100, 65 galaxy convert able, 71 gmc short bed, 53 210 wagon, 55 crown Vic, 53 ford panel, and a shit load of others that I never got to see myself.. Right now he's driving a sublime green w/ flakes 55 first series Chevy stepside w/ a 47 cab, slammed on smoothies and a 350/700r4.. I'll have to dig through mom's albums to get some pics of some of them.. Soon.

TRADITION NEVER DIES!

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Back in the day , my dad had some older stuff like a '53 Chevy & stuff , but I think he was always more of a sports car guy , having things like old Corvettes and an old 356 Coupe . I know he digs my old Ford and other hot rods/Customs , so there's surely hope for him ;) . He even went with me the "Dixie Fried Drive Invasion" dealie a few years back (down in GA) - we had a great time . He sure took a lot of pics : http://youtu.be/j0r5Z9Ch4x8 .

4. The nicest car he owned was a '47 Oldsmobile sedan.
    Remember this is in New Zealand and mid '70's so was
    a bit of a rarity here.

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Dad drove the same 1938 Club Coupe that became my first finished Hot Rod and daily driver when I joined the Army and bought the car!
    This is the car at my older sisters wedding.
    [​IMG]

It looks quite different now but it is still red. I gave the car back to my parents in 2000, it didn't seem right that they didn't have a Hot Rod and I had almost finished my 28 A RPU at the time.

Doc.

6. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Dad's first car was a '32 Chevy roadster that he painted red. His second was a '34 Ford 5 window coupe. He put steelies on it instead of the wires. Then he took up a gun turret in a B17. He was one of two kids that drove a car to school.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B.